AVIC411.com

Great Deal on a D3 (FREE BACKUP CAM)

Guest THE OP

Just joined the AVIC family! Purchased the D3 after seeing the in-stock notification in my email and "free backup cam" on CF. I took Itchy's suggestion and purchased a set of rear speakers for my tC along with the BT module, allowing me to use the 15% off code. Unfortunately I couldn't wait for someone to post a working referral code so I didn't get the additional $20 off. Here's my referral code in case somebody is itchin' to order....

p7rzr-0ir5u-tr0g7

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I placed a order on Feb 28 for my D3, XMT, bluetooth, and backup camera and I just called and they credited me for the backup cam and are sending me the 30 xm gift card! woo hoo! Crutchfield is awesome!

I figured those referal codes were all over the place but if they are getting scarce heres mine as well

pakef-zay8e-1cvsh

Dan

Well I finally did it.

Just got off the phone with Crutchfield. Got the same thing as the OP did.

Plan on selling off all the extra goodies, besides the iPod adaptor, and along with selling my D2 brings me to even for swapping my D2 to the D3.

Still not 100% sure if I'm going to keep the D3, though with CFs return policy I have 30 days to decide. I still like the adjustable screen of the D2 better because the radio in my car sits lower in the dash and I'm also not happy that I can't use my TV tuner with the D3, so we'll see.

Thanks again for bringing this to everyone's attention.

Itchy (or anyone else),

I am going to take your advice and duplicate your order. However, I currently have the NDBC1 and am using it with my N1. I am interested in actually using the NDBC2 because several sites state it has 25% better clarity, smaller profile, and wider viewing angle. What do ya'll think? Is the new model going to have better quality? If so then I'll just keep the new one and sell my old one on ebay.

Ok guys here is the best deal ever!

Before I give you the deal I want to thank The Op and Itchy for posting the best thread/comment I've ever read on this site. You guys saved me SOOO much money its comical. I should also say thanks to Crutchfield for the amazing offer...I cant believe Crutchfield would offer such incredible discounts especially since the D3 is brand new on the market. I mean people would buy the D3 by itself for $999.99.

Ok here is the deal I just recieved on the phone a few minutes ago:

Avic D3 $849.99

Pioneer GEX-P10XMT XM NavTraffic Satellite Radio $169.99

Pioneer DEH-P4900iB CD Receiver $152.99

Pioneer NDBC2 Universal Reverse Rear-View Camera FREE!! ($249 value)

$30 XM Prepaid Service Card FREE!!

Pioneer CD-i200 Ipod Control I Ipod Control Interface FREE!! ($40 value)

$20 off refer a friend discount

Total price $1152! I live in CA and didnt realize that w/ Crutchfield there is not sales tax so I got free shipping and no tax. Gotta love CF!

By the way in order to get the above prices you must use promo code 3A185.

So I plan on selling my 4900 cd reciever on ebay for $150 to get my money back. After that I will have spent $1000 total for the D3, NDBC2 rear view camera, XM NavTraffic reciever, $30 XM gift card, and Ipod controller. That's over $1500 woth of merchandise for $1000!!!!

Thanks again The Op, Itchy, and Crutchfield. I suggest anyone who wants this deal order quick cuz I bet CF will catch on quick as to the discounts we are getting! BTW since some of my peers ( you guys!) made orders at 3 am the rear view cameras are out of stock so I'll have to wait for it to come in. No biggie.

-Fabian

good job an a good deal...

just so you know and everyone else.. the (value) of whatever is not full retail, dont get confused, you aint going to sell it for full retail value. Rule of thumb is 50 to 65 cents on the dollar, maybe a slight bit more. of course this doesnt apply to special items, used items, or items that just are hard to get a hold of.

A quick little check on ebay, reveals the below mentioned products sell for about $425 on ebay:

Avic D3 $849.99

Pioneer GEX-P10XMT XM NavTraffic Satellite Radio $169.99

Pioneer DEH-P4900iB CD Receiver $152.99

Pioneer NDBC2 Universal Reverse Rear-View Camera FREE!! ($249 value)

Pioneer CD-i200 Ipod Control I Ipod Control Interface FREE!! ($40 value)

NOT $611.98

What this means is that if you are expecting to get full pop for those accessories, forget about it. That leaves the value of what was purchased (1152 - 425) to be about $727 or so, when there are plenty of places you can get the unit for like $750 or so, and not have the headache of trying to off load the stuff on ebay. Moral of the story is, dont get this stuff just to try and get the d3 for sub $700. Get the stuff cuz you want it and will use it, otherwise you will find yourself NOT selling it and making much back