AVIC411.com

Avh-p5700 w/ new backup camera, need help!

Hey Guys,

I've been running my 5700 and Avic 80 together for a year or so in my 2005 Dodge Ram, other than the navi maps not having any poi around my small town I've been very happy!

My problem is that I just installed a new back up camera...Item number: 130088256478

http:///.com/USA-BackUp-Rear-View-Reverse-Color-Night-Vision-Camera_W0QQitemZ130088256478QQcategoryZ73333QQcmdZViewItem

I wired it as instructions, rca from cam to video in on 5700, power & grd. from cam, and pur/wh reverse lead to wh/lgt grn wire at reverse bulb.

I get nice video when I select aux on the HU but when I select reverse gear the screen goes blank with a message "Caution Image may appear reversed" So right now I have no video when backing up. Even the aux shuts off when I select reverse.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! :? Greg

post-694-12872751860381_thumb.jpg

Hey Guys,

I've been running my 5700 and Avic 80 together for a year or so in my 2005 Dodge Ram, other than the navi maps not having any poi around my small town I've been very happy!

My problem is that I just installed a new back up camera...Item number: 130088256478

http:///.com/USA-BackUp-Rear-View-Reverse-Color-Night-Vision-Camera_W0QQitemZ130088256478QQcategoryZ73333QQcmdZViewItem

I wired it as instructions, rca from cam to video in on 5700, power & grd. from cam, and pur/wh reverse lead to wh/lgt grn wire at reverse bulb.

I get nice video when I select aux on the HU but when I select reverse gear the screen goes blank with a message "Caution Image may appear reversed" So right now I have no video when backing up. Even the aux shuts off when I select reverse.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! :? Greg

Did you plug the camera into the camera input on the back of the unit or the video input? The rca plug on the back of the radio should be brown and not yellow.

Alright, you were correct on the rca jack. Now that that is corrected my problem still exists!!! Even more so now, the same message when I shift in rev, but now in my AV mode, (which is what I meant above when I said AUX channel) my video flashes then dissapears.

Any other ideas? I even reset the power to the cam thinking it might help.

Will I need to wire in a toggle to view video when not in reverse?

Take a spare rca and plug it into the rear monitor output and plug the other end into the rear camera input. Throw a dvd in and once it starts playing shift the truck into reverse. If the picture quality wacky then there is something wrong with that rear camera input.

Well, did the test today, dvd plays perfectly thru the backup cam input (brown) And the cam still works well when plugged into the video input (yellow) When the cam is plugged into the backup cam input it only shows the video for a split second as I shift out of reverse into neutral.

I am at a loss!!! :evil: I searched every camera thread on here with no luck.... Any other ideas? Thanks a bunch! Greg