AVIC411.com

When will BestBuy get a shipment of D3's?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, I can't tell you. But I think if they DO get it in, they will charge full price for it $999 and probably will charge and ARM and 2 legs for the install, if it's done right that is.

You probably already know this, but going through an online retailer which is authorized is probably your best bet.

I was going to do that but one of my good friends works in the car audio/video department and said that he was going to buy the same unit at the price BB buys it for which is $625 and that he could do the same for me. He also said they had to wait until they get the units in. The only problem is he doesnt know when they will come in. But he did in fact tell me that they will get the D3 in because that same morning they had a meeting. Installation is $200 + $59 for the installation parts. The installers get half of the $200 bucks so he would only charge me the $100 to install and then 40% off the install products. And he will do the bypass for me also. So i am looking at a hell of a deal. I just am waiting for when they get the unit in. I WANT IT NOW!

you said its likely they wont be available for the employee price? I live in Jacksonville, Florida. Is it because of the demand or what? Do you know "cntrylvr79"? You seem to know a lot about BB. Especially with the BB background. My friend also told me that this week or nextthe latest the store was going to "remodel" the whole car audio/video side of the store and that they would be introducing new items and have a whole new look. But he doesn't know what "new" items will be available. could that possibly be the D3???

well its weird because the sku of the D3 can be scanned in the store, but it is not actually in the store. so some best buys will carry the unit, but as stated before, it depends on the region because of demand for the product. It is possible it will be listed online soon as well. It is nice knowing it can be scanned in store, because an extended service plan can be purchased for it as well for a length of 4 years

It's a combination of demand and the accomdation. They don't want employees buying all of their supply so they disable the employee purchase for a lot of new car audio. When the blue box picked up alpine we couldn't buy it at cost for 3 months. Like I said before try having the d3 customer fullfilled or ask the employee to check rss for it. As for the remodel bit, I couldn't say I don't work there anymore and the guys I used to work with have all moved out of carfi. It's great to watch a bay hat used to perform top 20 in the company consistantly drop to the bottom of the pack regularly.