AVIC411.com

Bypass Tricks...

Ok...so I've read the tricks multiple times and have not been able to get them to work after about 30 minutes of trying. My thoughts are that this has to do with the latest version of the apple software somehow not allowing it.

If anyone can confirm that the apple software isn't allowing this anymore I would be greatly appreciative.

Also, for those of you that have cut the blue wire...how do you like the operation of the ipod? Is losing the auto-start/stop that big of a thing?

Thanks for the help

Kai

auto start/stop loss? put a switch on the blue wire, and your good, for those FEW times you actually use the video and drive its extremely handy, and the convenience of a switch is useful whether or not you use the ipod for video all the time

auto start/stop loss? put a switch on the blue wire, and your good, for those FEW times you actually use the video and drive its extremely handy, and the convenience of a switch is useful whether or not you use the ipod for video all the time

I don't have a video...I have a 3rd Generation Ipod...not even color...

The bypass trick i'm refereing to is to allow me to have control of the ipod on the actual ipod instead of my AVIC-D1. The blue wire trick I'm refereing to is to cut the blue wire inside of the CD-100II therefore giving controls back to the ipod, but confusing the AVIC D1 a little bit...

wow...my first post is really confusing...

I'm trying to get the trick to work where you don't cut the blue wire, but rather turn the unit off right as its being plugged in, therefore when its turned on you have control of the front without cutting any of the wires...

Let me know if anyone knows if this is a firmware issue with the 3rd generation of ipod

well, you did ask about the functionality of the blue wire cut trick. That was what I was responding to. I have found the rigged attempt to power off and unplug and plug or whatever it was procedure NOT to work, hence the need to use the blue wire. If you dont want to discuss something like the blue wire, next time it would be better not to ask about it. Maybe then no one would bring it up, I know I would have though. But still, the information you need is here, just search a little youll find it. some people swear by the holding a button while pluggin in method, while others cant get it to work. Up to you what you listen to so enjoy.

well I did want to know about the blue wire, but as an alternative...

I've tried the play/pause plug in whatever trick and it works amazingly well on my girlfriends ipod, just not on mine...thats why I was curious if anyone could confirm that it was an ipod firmware issue...

the blue wire trick is my next alternative...but I don't really like the thought of confusing the head unit in to making it work and it displaying awkward...

sorry If i sounded rude...I didn't mean too...I was just unclear in my writing...thanks for the help