AVIC411.com

NavTraffic with Sirius

Is it possible to use the NavTraffic feature with Sirius? Probably a dumb question cause I know it is an XM thing, but what if XM and Sirius merge. Is there any possiblity that I will be able to use it somehow?

I don't want to switch to XM but I want to use the NavTrafffic if I can.

If I understand your question then yes you can have navtraffic with sirius however you will still need to purchase the gex-p10xmt reciever and pay I think its 9.99 per month (without the xm radio subscription). Not really worth it if you ask me unless you are willing to switch over to xm.

Dan

They are planning on merging, but it is still months, if not years away. It won't be an instant thing.

If you want to buy the XM NavTraffic Tuner and only activate the NavTraffic, you can do that. However there is no way to combine it in one tuner as of yet.

whats the price? 12.95 + 5.00 for the nav traffic?

Alpine has it too. Last time I asked our Pioneer guy if they were going to do it, he said no because they don't make any of the sirius tuners. That was a long time ago though, so maybe the merger will change that

also before all this sirius xm merger... sirius has already plans of having their own nav traffic... if you look at the eclipse site they have the eclipse specific nav traffic tuner for sirius... dont know when and if theyll be out for pioneer

I'll try this setup by the weekend and report. I have a lifetime sirius subscription, but miss the navtraffic. GF has XM and I could use her $4 month discount.

Note that you'll have to run 2 seperate antennas as well.

Have you used the XM navtraffic as well? I heard they are basically the same. Just curious if one is any better than the other?

Who knows when and if Pioneer will release Sirius Traffic. The sirius version is out for a year already and still only works with Alpine's overpriced nav unit. I have it with my other Alpine system.