AVIC411.com

Slope reading doesn't work...

When I try to use the slope reading in the VDD screen, I get a message that "This function is currently unavailable". I see nothing in the manual that really tells you how to "set it up". I have only two connections left off, the VSS and reverse light, so I don't see that those should be affecting it. Everything else works great. Any ideas?
[quote name="Paul1965"]Problem solved. Without a speed signal, the learning status stays in "Simple Hybrid". Once I hooked up the speed signal and drove the car, it went into 3D Hybrid, and now slope works :P[/quote]

You beat me to it. You need the VSS to figure out slope. If the nav knows how fast you were moving on the ground using VSS, and it knows two GPS fixes, it can calculate that there must have been a certain degree of positive or negative slope involved. At least that is what I think it might be doing.

By the way, 3D is much more accurate than Simple. I didn't have the VSS either for a few weeks, and it was way off. Now its very accurate.

Derek
  • 6 months later...