AVIC411.com

Freedom of Speech

I had to laugh when browsing another forum, I think it was called the 12volt, where someone had the audacity to list a topic on bypassing the avic-d3. The moderator locked the topic, and said it violated the forum rules. Those of us in the U.S. live in a country were the federal government was unable to prevent a magazine from printing an article on how to build an h bomb. http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=United_States_v._The_Progressive&oldid=68427870 So it seems a bit silly to try and prevent people from talking about how to access all of their navigation menu options.

Yah, it's not spam, but it's an interesting topic.

We like to think we have freedom of speech, and we do for the most part. But places like the12volt forums and things made the decision to not allow that kind of talk on their forum. Their forum (for all intents and purposes) is a private forum. Same as this one is. The moderator has the say as to what he wants posted and what he doesn't want posted.

So as freedom goes, any one of us (lucky to live in the us) can stand on our rooftops and talk about whatever we want to talk about and not be arrested for the topic of what we talk about.

But when it comes to a magazine or publication or forum like this (or the12volt), the person who "owns" it can decide what he or she wants written or published in that medium. The owner has the freedom of speech, but they also have the freedom to not publish or proliferate what they choose not to.

I guess they were worried about lawsuits (as frivolous as they might be) and made the decision not to allow that kind of talk at that forum. And by joining that forum you agree to those rules. A few people every month seem to break those rules there and they get their posts deleted or locked. As sad as that is I don't think the freedom of speech really applies to things like this.

Just my thoughts.