AVIC411.com

12 cd changer loses memeory with my N3

I have an N3 with XM Navtraffic installed. I added a 12 disc CD changer after the Navtraffic. The system recognizes the pioneer changer fine, but it doesn't remember where it left off. If I were playing cd 6 song 8 and shut the car off, when I returned later, I would have to press the source button, select multi-cd, and it would go through the process of checking each CD, then let me select one as if I had never played any cd. The installing dealer told me that was because they had to plug the changer into the nav traffic unit. Any ideas if I can fix this problem? It takes me 3-4 mins to play a cd.

Make sure the yellow wire for the changer is hooked up to constant. Make sure the ground isn't loose, and the dealer is full of it. If they installed it make them fix it. I've done the same setup in the past without problem. Not to mention you HAVE to plug the changer into the xm tuner because the changer has to be last the one in the chain.