AVIC411.com

2007 Avalanche and d3 Bypass

So I had my D3 installed about 2 weeks ago by a shop here in LA. They told me that they couldn't do the bypass, so I didn't question it, just figured that I would do it myself. I pulled the Nav unit out yesterday and grounded the Light Green and Yellow/Black wires to the frame with a ring terminal. Only, now to realize that most of my steering wheel controls (Controlled by a PAC steering wheel control unit) are not working. When i went to locate the PB wire it was connected to 2 black wires with a nut. When I slightly tugged on it, it came out of that nut, but to my surprise with none of the wiring jacket stripped away, it was just simply in this nut. Can I just tap that newly grounded PB wire and send it back into that nut, or have I completely done something totally wrong? Like I said, it is an 07 Avalanche with the Onstar Module and the Steering Wheel control adapters.

I moved the mute wire... the bypass actually works, the steering wheel controls don't though. Before I attempted the bypass I would get a a warning message that my parking brake lead was improperly connected everytime the unit powered on. Now that I grounded that wire I no longer get the error message, but the volume and mute (Attention) controls on the SW do not work. I can still seek stations on the radio, but not songs on the iPod and haven't tried with a CD. I think that that wire nut was ground, it was 2 black wires, one i believe coming from the unit, and one coming from the SW controls. Is there an actual diagram of the wiring inside of the owners manual telling you what each wire actually is?