AVIC411.com

Toyota Sequoia Help Needed ASAP

I think I found what the problem is. If I unhook both connectors traveling to the rear of the SUV, the back up lights still light up in REVERSE. So, the reverse wiring is not the same as the 2006 Sequoia.

My understanding is if I'm not installing a backup camera, I don't need it anyway (?).

When I get the 70-8113 harness, I'll post and let everyone know if it worked.

The 70-8113 interfaced to the factory plug just fine.

I tried the Blue/White remote wire to the Amp Turn on Blue/Wire and it apparantly does not turn on the AMP since I have absolutely no sound. Nav system works great (and man is this a nice unit!).

Some questions:

I hear folks say they by-passed the amp. Can someone describe that process?

I'm assuming you remove the center console (how?) and gain access to the amp. Do you then just jumper the speaker wires from the input to the output?

Look to bypass the amp there are two screws underneath the cupholders ( this was a few months ago...) pop out the switch panels on the center console (USE A GOOD PICK SET!! Bojos work best). Couple of scre-ws in the center console and it should come apart. Then to bypass the amp dont run a jumper but take the Speaker wires coming out of the AVIC and run them down to the amp. Use your DMM to figure out incoming and outgoing. if i remember right the positive and negative were above and below each other on the big harness. pink/black, red/white, a yellow set and purple. (DONT QUOTE ME. I AM SITTING AT HOME). but after you do that you should be straight. I put the GEX-10XMT in the amps place. Worked fine and no complaints from customer.

Tx RP*. I realliy appreciate the explanation.

Put a TYTO-01 in. Works great. Excellent sound!

I had thought the connectors would not work last week and returned the TYTO-01, but I think I was looking at it wrong.

XM sound not working but I think I got the cable plugged into the wrong connector on the XM module.

Just need to program the SWI-PS. Tonight hopefully.