AVIC411.com

AVIC-Z2: Pioneer, do you not read COMPLAINTS???

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

IF I'M NOT ISTAKEN PIONEER WAS INVOLVED IN LAWSUIT ALREADY REGARDING VIDEO ON AVIC N-1 UNIT.....APROX 3-4 YRS AGO IN COLORADO....THATS WHY BYPASS IS'NT SO EASY....KEEPS LIABILTIY OFF OF PIONEER....AND PUTS IT ON US(RETAILER OR CONSUMER). LOTS OF SMART PEOPLE IN THIS FORUM THOUGH.....WE (THE FORUM) WILL GET IT BEFORE PIONEER LEAKS IT OUT..... PIONEER WILL NOT LEAK IT UNTIL THEY NEED TO....WHAT I MEAN IS THEY ARE SMOKING D-3 UNITS OFF THE SHELVES...THY ARE NOT LOSING ANY MARKET SHARE....IF YOU REMEMBER ON THE N-2 IT WAS A MATTER OF SOLDERING THE CONTACTS ON THE BOTTOM OF THE UNIT....THAT WAS LEAKED BY A PIONEER B/C OF SALES ON THE N-2 WAS NO WHERE NEAR CLOSE TO THE N-1 DURING THE PREVIOUS YEAR.....THE YEAR OF THE N-1 PIONEER HAD 90% MARKET SHARE IN ALL OF AFTERMARKET NAVIGATION INDASH UNITS....DURING THE CONSUMER ELECTRONIC SHOW THIS YEAR PIONEER ORDERS FOR THE D3 EXCEEDED TOTAL D-2 SALES FROM LAST YEAR IN UNDER 1 WEEK!! JUST SOME INFO FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT NEED A BREAK FROM POUNDING YOUR HEAD ON YOUR Z-2 TRYING TO GET BYPASS FIGURED OUT...

I apologize in advance if this may seem a dumb question, but, can't most of the bugs and other issues be worked out by firmware changes off an upgrade CD? In other words, why couldn't Pioneer just release an upgrade cd that had all the necessary firmware changes on it (at least those changes that absolutely did not require any hardware fixes like replacing IC's)?