AVIC411.com

2001 Honda Accord V6 EX

Batman,

I am planning to install a D3 to replace factory stock 6-disc cd changer, could you please tell me the location of speed sensor cable and backup light cable's nearest reach point from the stereo unit?

thanks a lot!

QQ

from what ive learned you do need speed sensor for other indash units, pioneer doesnt require it.

ur speed will still be recognized by gps signal but you mph might be 1mph off... you can hook up yours if you find it easily, it helps for when you lose gps signal, it still knows that you're moving

for my car speed sense is by steering wheel, i would need a pulse sensor cuz my car sucks. your car you would need that jus look around... directechs doesnt show your car's VSS.

directechs does show it

blue/white Located at the first plug on the ECM, it is a 32 pin gray plug. The ECM plugs can be accessed by pulling up the carpet on the passenger side of the center console. There are 4 plugs total.

close

also, you dont NEED it to function, but it improves accuracy of the navi about 3 ft. in addition I believe its needed for some vehicle dynamics to work properly.

enjoy

thanks all for your input!

I found a service manual for my car yesterday. It shows that ECM applies to M/T and for my car, which is a A/T, a PCM unit, which is located underhood, is used instead. The closest location seems to be a blue/white wire between the PCM and the speedometer, which is behind the dash on the driver's side. Anyone has any ideas about this PCM thing?

Another thing I am think is that if I can use the cruise control unit, which is close to the gas pedal. do you think some wire there can provide speed pulse?

thanks.

QQ