AVIC411.com

will avic-x1r work ion us with n2 brain?`

i broke my n2 deck , i dropped it, now i need just the deck part considering i have the brain wiring, sirius ipod xm, changer anywyas, i found one of these avic-x1r on ebay without a faceplate only deck, i was wondeirng if this would werk here in the us ny to be exact, i want it to work fully like my n2 did so if there is any limittation then forget it thanks, a quick responce if avail please auction ends soon.
The X1r should work with the NAVI portion and if you have a N2, N1, N3 hide away which houses the tuner it should work. The only thing you will probably have to do is force write your 50 or 60 series discs in the service menu. Maybe not even that.

I'd give it working more than a 80% chance since the tuner isn't in the head, and when you force write a US model it get's the language data from the disc and references ALL major EU languages. Put a US disc in and it only has English US, French, and Spanish.

The boot software has German in there, so it's almost like they used a universal boot for everywhere but asian countrys and the MAIN difference is what is on the MAP discs and the hide away.

The service manuals even reference the Europe manuals.

Also in the hide away is the MICON that controls the IP BUS (XM, IPOD, etc.) so on a EU hide away, there won't be XM support since they don't have XM.

Chao!