AVIC411.com

Z2 bypass ..... Anyone figured it out yet?

I'm sure someone has tried this already, but its a start. My outcome after only grounding the parkingbreak wire...

Everything is unlocked...But...

Everytime you turn on the unit, you get the warning telling you the parking break wire is incorrectly connected.

If you dont mind pushing and extra OK at start up, this seems to have worked for me so far.

C'mon bro, at least read the thread you're posting in. This was posted already:

jace93 wrote:

z2 bypass seems to be the same. I did a z2 yesterday and it works the same as z1 but still gives parking brake message but does not lock out nav or dvd

Check the 3d calibration status. If the unit is new and hasn't been driven for more then 30-50 miles, then this could be a false sense of success. It will work for a while till the 3d calibration status turns to 3d hybrid. Then you will still get that message and it will lock you out when you start to move.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Z1/2 calculates speed based on the speed sense wire. Also, I'd assume the VSS wire also allows the Z1/2 to calculate mileage traveled.

Sooo, why not connect the speed sense to ground temporarily until a better solution is found? Do this while doing the ground-the-hidden-pin bypass.

This should alleviate the lock-out people experience when traveling over 15mph or after 30 miles.

Z1/2 calculates speed based on the speed sense wire. Also, I'd assume the VSS wire also allows the Z1/2 to calculate mileage traveled.

Sooo, why not connect the speed sense to ground temporarily until a better solution is found? Do this while doing the ground-the-hidden-pin bypass.

This should alleviate the lock-out people experience when traveling over 15mph or after 30 miles.

Because if the Z2 is anything like the Z2, there are 3 things it will listen to to know if you are moving or not.

1. The GPS antenna

2. The VSS wire

3. The internal accelerometer (Gyros)

You can unplug or ground #1 and #2, but you can't unplug #3. Without all 3 disconnected the Z1 can still figure out it's moving.

We never hooked the VSS wire up cuz we couldn't find it. Probably why the display shows me about 50 yards further back than i really am. I hadn't tested it while moving, and you are right, it stopped working at 10 miles per hour for me.

Sorry guys... I spoke too soon.

I'm probably just going to hook up a switch for the parking break. That way I don't have to actually apply the parking break but I can still use features when stopped at lights or signs. This will probably get rid of the error message too, just as long as I dont start driving with the switch on.

I'm starting to think this bypass is not possible, as you said, the internal gyros know if you are moving, and software programing probably tells it "if the parking break is on, but movement is senced, lockout the device". (as grounding the parkingbreak just tells it that the pbreak is on)

Someone may have to hack the software before this becomes possible.

Another question. Are we supposed to get the warning screen about the Nav every time we boot up? That seems dumb when I have accepted whatever agreement it was stating. I shouldnt have to accept it every time i drive the truck.

Another question. Are we supposed to get the warning screen about the Nav every time we boot up? That seems dumb when I have accepted whatever agreement it was stating. I shouldnt have to accept it every time i drive the truck.

Yeah you pretty much do. I'm guessing that the "logic" behind this is that although you've accepted the agreement, the next person driving your car might not have.

You probably would have thought the same thing on an N2 or a Z1 when you first got it, but they both had easy bypasses. Just give it some time, its only been a week, previous models took much longer

I'm starting to think this bypass is not possible, as you said, the internal gyros know if you are moving, and software programing probably tells it "if the parking break is on, but movement is senced, lockout the device". (as grounding the parkingbreak just tells it that the pbreak is on)

I'm probably just going to hook up a switch for the parking break. That way I don't have to actually apply the parking break but I can still use features when stopped at lights or signs. This will probably get rid of the error message too, just as long as I dont start driving with the switch on.

If you reset the unit and then never have the parking brake switch flipped when you start moving, then yes, that will take care of the error message. But if that error message ever pops up you need to reset your unit to get rid of it.

Someone may have to hack the software before this becomes possible.

Remember this is not trying to find a hack to trick the system in to getting around the lockouts. This is trying to find the back door that the pioneer engineers put into this unit ON PURPOSE in order to leave everything unlocked all the time.

The fact that the early bypasses on the z1 worked by flashing the lights, this was no accident. It was put in purposely to watch for an event (headlights flashing) and then to unlock itself.

We just need to find this backdoor. Every pioneer avic had one, they change it on occasion but we need to find it.

Yes you are going to get that. And yes it sounds dumb, but it's a CYA thing that Pioneer is doing because everyone out there these days is sue-happy. If we (as a whole society) would take responsibility for our own actions and actually try to work for what we get instead of trying to get rich from an accident or whatever.... this stuff will not only not go away, it's going to get worse.

Ok, I don't remember if anyone said they tried flashing the lights on the Z2, and I don't have time to read the whole thread again. It is worth a shot, and there has to be a bypass. Just a matter of time to find it. Hopefully I will have my Z2 by the weekend and I can help as well.

Ok, I don't remember if anyone said they tried flashing the lights on the Z2, and I don't have time to read the whole thread again. It is worth a shot, and there has to be a bypass. Just a matter of time to find it. Hopefully I will have my Z2 by the weekend and I can help as well.

I'll give it a shot. What steps are involved? I never had a Z1, so I never looked this information up. Also, my pbreak sence wire is currently still grounded. Hope that doesn't keep me from testing the flashing.