AVIC411.com

D3 (or any nav touchscreen) with 12-Disk Changer - Question

Hi all,

Well, I am about to place my order with Crutchfield for the D3 and I am going to get either the 6-disk or 12-disk changer with the order...

Typically, with standard head units you press one of the 6 buttons to jump to that particular disk in the changer...

Questions are:

1) How does Pioneer handle this with 12-disk changers???

2) And, how does this interface with the D3 (or any touchscreen nav unit)??? Do I have 12 buttons??? Or, a scrolling panel??? Or, something else???

Any info is always appreciated!!!

Thanks,

Mark

On my D3, there are only arrows up and down for the 12 discs, and of course you can track back and forth,pause, and stop. That's about it on my setup anyway. No buttons for all 12 discs for sure. :(

jguy,

So you have to manually go from disk to disk to disk to go to a particular disk you want to listen to???

Or, do you have arrows to "scroll" through the list of disks and then press on a specific disk button???

It would be awesome if you could take a picture of that particular screen(s)...

Thanks for all your insight,

Mark

Okay... That makes sense... Thanks!!!

Last question (I hope):

So when you use the arrows to go rom disk to disk, does the changer automatically start trying to load the next disk when you hit the arrow key???

I can't imagine this is very good if the changer tries to load 5 different disks when you just want to go from disk 1 to disk 6...

Or, does it wait a couple seconds till you have stopped pushing the arrow keys???

Thanks again,

Mark

Wouldn't it be cheaper to just buy a small iPod and the iPod cable? You could easily fit 12 - 15 albums on an iPod shuffle.

It'll be easier to install, won't scratch, and will be much faster. Plus you can always upgrade to a bigger iPod later...

Wouldn't it be cheaper to just buy a small iPod and the iPod cable? You could easily fit 12 - 15 albums on an iPod shuffle.

It'll be easier to install, won't scratch, and will be much faster. Plus you can always upgrade to a bigger iPod later...

I would recommend an iPod than a CD Changer like the above. iPods are much more efficient than getting a cd changer, no need to waste 10-15 mins pulling or switching cd's from the mag/cartridge or the time to burn an extra copy for mutilple cars / home. You can take it with you on the go if needed gym, work, school, etc...I used to have a lot of cd's, ever since I got an iPod I haven't put a single disc in my cd player for over 2 years.