AVIC411.com

d3 bypass simple question...

I had a D3 installed on my 07 GTI yesterday, everything works good as far as the bypass, atleast for the moment. However I was told that the VSS can't be plugged in with the bypass otherwise he will kno your moving, whats the correct way to bypass and still have this function, I think it's very neat... if it's possible...

Thanks

Well, who ever told you that is full of shit. Also if you had it professionally installed i would be concerned. No professional should be installing any nav system without connecting the VSS. Without the VSS you will get inaccurate location at times.

Go here: http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php? ... ght=bypass

for the bypass instructions.

Also most professionals will not do the bypass and will tell you just about anything they can think of as to why it cant be done. This is something you will probably have to do yourself. It can be done and most people on this forum that have D3'S have done it from the above instructions.

yeah whoever told you that was definitely wrong. The VSS is useful in a couple situations:

when you dont have gps signal it can still detect you are moving

-when you come to a complete stop, the arrow will stop immediately as oppose to drifting a while and then recorrectiing itself.

no guys, I installed it myself with a friend. but the installer at my local shop (where I purchased the unit) mentioned this to me... so If I go ahead and install it now everything should stay working as far as the bypass right? it seems to be working fine now, what atual noticable gains will I get from installing. thanks for the help..