AVIC411.com

d3 ipod controls and route memory

I had a pioneer 7800 with ipod controls and am getting really tired of the lag in searching. how is the d3 ipod controls? Is there a lot of lag when trying to scroll through differt songs or artist? Fast easy to use?

I am using a d2 in my truck right now and am wondering if i sould just deal with no dvd player and no direct ipod controls or if i should move up to the d3.

I am also wondering about how much of a route change or poi it can load/remeber if i am playing a cd/dvd in the drive before i have to reinstall the nav dvd.

Any problems with the d3?

thanks and what a great site!!!!!

Are you referring to the 7800mp or 7800dvd? The D3 ipod display is very easy to use, faster than the previous Pioneer adaptor, but still a little slow when going through artists (I have like 200+ pages of artists so it takes time to get to the middle ones.)

Also, without the nav disk in, you cannot change your route or do a POI search. If you go off your route it will give you directions to get back to it

I had a pioneer 7800 with ipod controls and am getting really tired of the lag in searching. how is the d3 ipod controls? Is there a lot of lag when trying to scroll through differt songs or artist? Fast easy to use?

I am using a d2 in my truck right now and am wondering if i sould just deal with no dvd player and no direct ipod controls or if i should move up to the d3.

I am also wondering about how much of a route change or poi it can load/remeber if i am playing a cd/dvd in the drive before i have to reinstall the nav dvd.

Any problems with the d3?

thanks and what a great site!!!!!

Its about 1,000,000 times better than the D2 ipod control. Its far faster than the Z1 and the menu/display has been improved as well, plus the ability to transfer video from your ipod to the D3. There was a thread on here with actual screen shots, but I am too lazy to look for you

Yes, I am curious about this too. The D2/Z1 completely BLEW when it came to iPod control. Has this been addressed in the D3? It would be great if someone who understands how bad the D2/Z1 interface was and could comment on any improvements, or lack thereof, in the D3.