AVIC411.com

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey guys. Ya i was just confirming what i read in another post about the hard drvies being locked even before first boot. Also, Hyperite i didnt have time to get my new IDE adapter today, im going to get up early tomorrow and pick one up. hopefully ill have a full image for you tomorrow night.

Hi

fist of all, the AVIC-HD3BT is not only for the russian market, it for the europien market.

I just installed a AVIC-HD3BT today,

It is bought in Denmark.

I have grounded the "parking brake" whire.

All works, I can see DVD movies when driving, even enter new address to the navigation.

So I guess AVIC-HD3BT is quite easy to bypass

Hope the info is for any use

Rgs.

providers

Im an installer for a major pioneer distributor... at a sales meeting 2 weeks ago i spoke with a higher up pioneer sales rep that currently has his personal z2 being worked on by a pioneer tech trying to come up with a usable bypass.... as soon as he has it it will be posted... he said it should be coming soon

That really points to software as suggested above. Z1 early to Z1 late or patch updated was software, and now US Z2 to European “Z2†must be software. What would most likely be a good exploration would be comparing the software from a AVIC-Z2 to the AVIC-HD3BT. It might no be an easy SW hack but, it might easily point to the US bypass. Being from the hardware side with some old C programming, the easy (and seems like the way Pioneer did it) way would use the 4 open and E-Brake as inputs and read them in a register. It somewhat sounds like the light flashing bypass, on the early models) was a lucky bug and it was fixed with the Bluetooth update to use a real bypass. Just some thoughts.

Just another idea I am throwing out here. For the N2, the european and japanese versions had a little jumper installed on the points that we all had to solder. Maybe inside the Z2, there is something they are doing for the international models. Maybe two solder points, maybe a switch like the N3, who knows? Just an idea since it seems the HD3BT just needs to see ground on the brake wire and they are so similar

Sounds like good news. The European unit is easy to fix.

Obviously, this goes into one of two categories.

1. Hardware (Soldering a jumper as mentioned before)

2. Software (A region encoding settting is different on the hard drive)

These are fairly easy to compare.

Is it possible to order a replacement hard drive for the European market?

whtcrxghst, do you have access to a Z2 to take look if a jumper sets the region?

What I find disturbing about this is that it appers you have to void the warranty in order to do the hack this time around.

Secondly, why is it that you still need a hack for the European version? You should either need one, or not, but why both, and why are the hacks different?

So i'm pretty sure that is the same as the back door bypass, but when I installed my z2 I pulled all the wires out of the harness except pwr acc grd pwr ant and I think thats it, I grounded the parking switch immeditly on a switch, and never hooked up a speed sense, and didnt hook up the reverse wire and as long as I start up my car with the switch off I can switch it at anytime to watch dvd or nav functions, I've started the vehicle with the switch on and it gives me the parking error, but never once since I pulled my unit out of the box did I have to go though any resetting or programming...... so I dunno what happend but this guy is pretty happy

**New to the board, waiting for my Z2 to show up in the mail...**

That would work for someone who doesn't have a backup camera, but use in tunnels would also be a problem, the speedsense wire is important to keep updated directions while out of sight of the satellite... I know it has the gyro, but having not used the system before does the gyro do that much for guidance positioning while no speedsense wire is connected?

hey all, I have a Z2 image from a unit that has been installed for about 3 months. If you want a copy, PM me and I can give you my FTP, or if you have one I can upload to, let me know. I can also burn it to DVD-DL and mail them out. I have cable internet, but it is wireless so its not super fast with my past experiences with my FTP server.