AVIC411.com

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hey DB im getting Z2 tomorrow u think i can still use my Z1 HD with my old bypass

Pioneer is swaping my Z1 for Z2

ohh and BTW NDBT2 is coming soon

All you have to do is unlock your Z1 hard drive and it's a simple drive swap. Or you can get another drive, I just did a Toshiba MK4032GAX 40 gig drive and loaded Z1/Z2 images on it, disabled security and it runs no problem.

Which ever the bypass is for the drive you are using (or the software you are using) works.

Take a Z2, take a new hard drive, like this one (some makes and models of drives were problematic), load the Z1 image on it and disable security. Stick it into the Z2 and it's a Z1 with a Z1 bypass.

ok so my orinal Z1 HD is unlocked alredy and thats the drive im going to use in my Z2 so it will work rite???

btw may i ask why it has to be unlocked ?

Thanks

Yes, it should be a simple swap and it will work. As rander1 said a couple posts ago, there is a flash chip which controls the unlocking. The Z1 hardware will only unlock a Z1 drive and the Z2 hardware will only unlock the Z2 drive. They won't unlock each other. Once they are both unlocked it's an easy swap. If you don't unlock the hard drive you have to take a part from your Z1 and put it in the Z2 to be able to unlock (on the fly) the Z1 hard drive in the Z2.

hay, just wanted to let you all know that certified radio has no clue how to bypass the system. but they said that if anyone finds a way to do it to just bring it in and they can do it for you(me). but i love the system and am glad i got it:D sorry im not technicly advanced enough to even try to help out with this problem :( but to all of you that are trying TY TY SO MUCH!

so let me get this rite with my fucking ADD lol

do i need to take this chip from my Z1 ???

or just having my Z1 HD unlocked is fine

:)

You only need to take a chip from the Z1 to install into your Z2 if you DO NOT unlock your drive. Because a Z2 can not unlock a Z1 drive.

If you have an unlocked Z1 drive, you can just swap drives. An unlocked Z1 drive will work in a unmodified Z2.

If you don't understand this, you might need to up your dosage on your medication, I can't state the same thing too many more times. And I don't know if I can state this any more simply.

I got car back yesterday. Install looks nice and i love my new navigation system. But the bypass didnt work, it played for a few minutues but then i got a message saying its stricly prohibited and then you only hear the sound no image.