AVIC411.com

Check your grounds. I saw three of them "updated/upgraded" in a half hour and none of them ever came back and complained that it didn't work

whtcrxghst,

Do you have a Z1 with an unlocked drive? Maybe you can download the June image and try it on yours. It just sounds weird that June Z2s are bypassable but a Z1 with a June Z2 image is not.

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You don't honestly believe they are going to mail you a disk that lets you commit a crime do you?

Does anybody here have their Z2 registered with pioneer because if all this update stuff is true they would just send out a disk with software revision,as the update is useless to the Z2 supposely since it has the latest maps

Well they did release a suppose bluetooth update for the Z1 which really turned the old units into two wire bypass. By the way this disk you saw your rep use, can you get a hold of it or get an image from a hardrive it was used on. Anything will help so we can crack it!!!

That really did help the bluetooth though. I am working on getting a copy of the disk

Well they did release a suppose bluetooth update for the Z1 which really turned the old units into two wire bypass. By the way this disk you saw your rep use, can you get a hold of it or get an image from a hardrive it was used on. Anything will help so we can crack it!!!

That really did help the bluetooth though. I am working on getting a copy of the disk

Didn't help my bluetooth echo at all, but if you'd like me to upload an ISO I'd be happy to.

whtcrxghst, Thanks and please let us know either way

Hyperite, thanks for the offer but i already have the bluetooth disk and it does not load on a Z2.

please post if you got it working

Hey guys i have been reading up on all the information i just got my Z2 and its a june model if you like i can attempt the bypass just need the instructions and i will do a video to verify it if needed

I don't know if anyone has procured the Z1 Upgrade disc yet from Pioneer - when someone knows for certain if the retail upgrade now available for the Z1 PRESERVES or KILLS the two-wire bypass, please post your experiences.

I'm anal about getting new map/poi data, but like many here, don't want to lock out my unit...

To answer whtcrxghst's question, no it's not bypassed.

I've got a Jun 06 Z1, I've got the update installed from Pioneer and confirmed my software version is now 2.0 (aka Z2), and I can confirm that it's not bypassed by either the flasher or the 2-wire bypass. I had both bypass methods on my Z1 from the pre-bluetooth update and post bluetooth update for the Z1 and after installing the Z1 to Z2 update (yes the one that takes 3+ hours) I've got a crippled Z2 that's not bypassed.