AVIC411.com

backing up D3 DVD Disc

HI guys:

Today I burned D3 Navi DVD via CloneDVD with Veb DVD+DL disc.

When I inserted the burned navi DVD, I couldn't use the Function of "Address Search", but I still can browse map and the house # I touch.

What kinda of software shall I use for burning navi DVD?

Can Alcohol 120% work ?

Thanks!!!!

Try UltraIso. http://www.ezbsystems.com/enindex.html

That's what I've always used to copy and edit my N3 discs, and I can't see how the D3 ones would be any different. I use UltraIso to make the image and then Nero to burn, but there is a burn option in UltraIso. I bet that would work too. I'll have to try it myself.

If the D3 is similar to the N3 and if you don't want to waste dual layer DVDs, you can make a test DVD on a single layer if you delete all the large POI files. Just look for the files that are several hundred megs in the POI directory, delete them, and then make a new image. It will be less than 4.7 gigs, so you can burn it to a single layer and test. Everything should work except the POI search. I do this all the time when I edit stuff like XM logos so I don't kill $3 dual layers experimenting.

Try UltraIso. http://www.ezbsystems.com/enindex.html

That's what I've always used to copy and edit my N3 discs, and I can't see how the D3 ones would be any different. I use UltraIso to make the image and then Nero to burn, but there is a burn option in UltraIso. I bet that would work too. I'll have to try it myself.

If the D3 is similar to the N3 and if you don't want to waste dual layer DVDs, you can make a test DVD on a single layer if you delete all the large POI files. Just look for the files that are several hundred megs in the POI directory, delete them, and then make a new image. It will be less than 4.7 gigs, so you can burn it to a single layer and test. Everything should work except the POI search. I do this all the time when I edit stuff like XM logos so I don't kill $3 dual layers experimenting.

Thank you guys so much!!

I'm ganna try it now and tell you guys the result.

By the way, the buring speed (1X, 2X, 8X etc... ) doesn't matter, right?

Done burning navi DVD today and it worked 100% !!

This is wut I did.

1. Using UltraISO to make the ISO image from D3 Navi DVD.

2. Using Nero to burn the ISO image

3. Done and works!!

My hardware specification:

- Pioneer DVR-111D Writer

- Verbatim DVD+R DL Disc

- Speed: 8X burning speed