AVIC411.com

UPS claim WTF are they thinking

Almost to the point of laughing :lol::lol:

Here is the highlights of my first 5 days with my AVIC

I have been looking at the AVIC's for a few weeks and finally pulled he trigger and bought one. BAD move by me

Touchscreen works but the backlight doesn't

The seller thinks I broke the AVIC and is doing nothing. The package is insured through UPS but he will not file, I need to.

Pioneer wants $$$$ to JUST look at it. Could cost $200+

How would you guys take "Works 100% like new"??? I take it as it WORKS.

Since it was insured I figure he would have taken it BACK and then filed a claim with UPS. I would even pay for shipping.

Cheers

I did buy it used. It was within my budget and things seemed on the up-n-up. I guess I was trying to save a few bucks but it wasn't like I bought is CHEAP CHEAP.. Fair price for a clean unit.

I have several emails with him about its condition before I bought it.

I understand used is used but when someone says it works, I take that as it works. I am not saying the guy sent me a known defective item. I just think the way he has handled it is crappy. The unit doesn't work.

I have tried splitting the costs with him and have expressed that my only want, is to have the unit working.

I am not sure but he may be on this board too :roll::roll: He lives in NJ and now has a D3.

Cheers

:oops::oops: Yes MisFit :oops::oops:

I would have bought yours and was ready to but the screen mark/scratch sent me running.

I guess I should have just got yours and lived with a working unit and a little mark/scratch. Well if I get my money back I'll be seeing what you have :wink::wink:

Thanks

yeah, i shouldnt have even mentioned the mark. no one but me would have even noticed it, i'm just really anal like that. I just didnt want to sell it without telling you the truth. Anyway, sorry about your misfortune, and i sold the d1 and my last d2 last week, but let me know if you need anything else

I'm assuming you bought it on eBay?

If you paid by PayPal, give it a few more days and if the seller won't cooperate, file a Significantly Not As Described dispute with PayPal.

You will be required to cooperate with UPS and their inspection if the seller chooses to go that route, or PayPal will tell you to send it back to the seller. If you have to do this, make sure your send it back insured and with signature confirmation so that they can't dispute that they got it.

forget a claim with ups, go straight to paypal and get your money back. Should take aboutu 10 days,

If the seller tells PayPal its insured then the OP is required by PayPal to cooperate with the UPS claim before they will refund him his money.

OP-

Whatever you don't, DO NOT close the PayPal dispute until you have the money in your hands. You are only allowed to open one dispute and if you close it, you're SOL.