AVIC411.com

ok i got my hd to read now what?

Guest jake

[quote name="ducatiboy"]It's a Fujitsu MHV2080AH (80 gig drive). I don't have partition sizes or anything, it's what ever pulp sent to me.[/quote]

I didn't write down what I created this drive with partition wise but I do know that I've tried several different combinations. I even let Ghost increase the sizes on its own once and all of them have worked for me.
  • Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...
some info on the flash memory

format type: FAT16

cluster size 1KB

disk size 4.545 Mb free space 4.521

also the ports on the back for i pod and what not are usb ports and i forund a way to and files to the hdd and flash from dvd cd with out removeing the drive and with out un locking it dont quite under stand what i found maby im wrong but where s how to get to the service menu

open face hold eject once screen says push rest button or restart engine release the eject button the password is p. list up p. list up
p. list down p.list down then press t (t is always enter) and av is back got 2 menu 2 and force program somehting u guys will figure it out.
[quote name="TonyFlow420"]
also the ports on the back for i pod and what not are usb ports and i forund a way to and files to the hdd and flash from dvd cd with out removeing the drive and with out un locking it dont quite under stand what i found maby im wrong but where s how to get to the service menu[/quote]

So you said you found a way to get into the HDD without removing it from the Z1? Via some USB port? Where exactly is this port and window of opportunity? And also you found a way to get files to the HDD? Let's hear some more on this. I am a bit skeptical.
sorry i cant be more tech on it but i dont know to much the usb port would be the ports on the back for conneting the i pod and tv they dont look like they are but in the serves menu it shows them as usb ports
as for loading the files to the hdd here is my theory get a program for windows ce load it on to a cd or dvd and put it in side then go into the serves menu and there is a way to eather exicute from the disk or save the files to the hdd or to the flash which has quite a bit of room which doesnt make sence becasue windows ce should be biger then it is from what i understand from window ce and servec menu is that if u try to run the program it will be fine as long as it works with the cpu thats in the z1 and the video system any ways if u dig around in the servece menu u should be able to figure it out but at least if u can create a way to make the right kind of audio files and the playlists it will be no prob to a them from a dvd to the hdd throw the servece menu.
SOrry to be ignorant..

But ive played aroudn with the service menu...but havent been able to figure out how to copy a file from the cd to the hd.

Once I can do that, then i can play aroudn with teh audio formats. I'm too chicken sh*t to pull a hd out of such an expensive unit, to have it unlocked, and copy files to it. (Call me a p*ssy).
I believe that there is not only a music format issue (not being MP3) for ease of copying to the hard drive, but there are other files on the hard drive (think of them as play list files) that need to be created and edited in order to copy music to the hard drive. That "play list" file needs to be analyzed and cracked so we can write a program to look at our "mp3's" on our computer and then transfer then to whatever the Z1 uses (AT3 I believe) and then create the correct play list files so the Z1 will actually see the new music files.
ya the z1 uses at3 but it damages the file names it leaves nothing about the file, insted it uses playlists that just show the location and name of the file we need to forces on creating play lists then we can try useing at3s but try useing normal ones maby we dont need to damage them for it to work. i sure that the playlist fromat is just some rip off of something eles also i was wrong about copying files form disk to hdd the servece menue will only let u do this if u also copy files to the flash its used from re doing the hole thing at once but the menu will let u copy files from the hdd to USB so one of the conntions on the back is really just a usb port . and i had a nother idea will windows ce if given the option let u not boot from the hdd and boot from a cd if. so say a disk with a program for copying files could be used to add files to the hdd, or you could load any program for windows ce and for the cpu.
  • 1 month later...
so if it helps i have a pic of my z1 torn apart from where i had to fix it when someone tried to steal it. other than that, i have i question for those of you who have unlocked you drives. can you edit or rearange the songs stored in the library? i am pretty anal about the little stuff and i have a few cd's that are out of order and can be hard to find and would like to put them in the right order. also could the files with all the tracks be edited? reason for that i when you manually type in the info it is all caps which also drives me nuts.
OK. I just found this forum and I've been reading a lot. Wish I found it before I bought my Z1. I've had one for about 6 months.

What happened to this thread? From what I have read there has been only one person who swapped a hard drive and had it work!?

I've also gathered that he increased the music partition, but was limited to 1000 albums. That still sounds pretty damn good. Only about 250-300 fit on 10GB before I had to start deleting tracks.

Did he check the space left percentage after loading a number of albums?

I'm ready to start messing with the thing because 10GB is too small.