AVIC411.com

Still employed

So I'm sure a lot of you have heard CC laid off 3400 odd people today. Turns out anyone making 51 cents or more over the cap for their position was fired. Guess what I was 26 cents short of getting the boot. Guess I won't be getting that raise my boss was talking about...

I just read an article about the firings. Circuit City people seem to make a lot. Screw working at McDonalds, kids should work at circuit city. They know enough about electronics.

"Jose Macias of San Diego, California was fortunate enough to skate through Circuit City's jobs cuts in 2003. At that time, employees making more than $18 an hour were fired -- Macias was making $17.70 an hour at the time. This time around, Macias wasn't so lucky. His hourly rate translated to $18.72 an hour which is well above the full-time pay cap up $15.50 for his department."

I cannot believe that people here are not furious over this CC stunt. It doesn't effect me at all and I have been going to out of my way not to shop there.

Please post what you think I should do. Should I avoid them or am I just getting worked up over nothing?

:D

I actually thought about you when I heard CC was laying off people. I didn't wanna say anything though in case you were one of the unlucky ones and didn't want anyone to know.

As to either finding an indie shop or getting a new career...

You are obviously one of the best at what you do. Why work for the (or a) man? Why not open your own shop?

:D

I actually thought about you when I heard CC was laying off people. I didn't wanna say anything though in case you were one of the unlucky ones and didn't want anyone to know.

As to either finding an indie shop or getting a new career...

You are obviously one of the best at what you do. Why work for the (or a) man? Why not open your own shop?

Lack of funds and I need benefits, plus I would rather work for a boss than e the boss.

damn cntry I just read this post. Im sorry to hear how shitty the company is. I didnt even hear on the news about the layoffs. Bad enough when I go to a CC on a Saturday at the busiest mall around, and there is only one cashier in the entire store at the customer service desk, and one installer in the Roadshop. Maybe now the sole cashier will do installs for the roadshop also?? :roll: You can always come work for me ;) at least there is job security with my employer lol