AVIC411.com

Trouble with routing!!! AVIC-D3

I have Spoken to Pioneer about this and they told me that they haven't heard anything about this problem, and that no firmware will be requested until this is noticed as a problem.

So here's what we need to do...

You need to call Pioneer and make a complaint about this problem. Basically just tell them that the navigation doesn't route the fastest way possible and it will actually make you do circles before getting to the destination. Just give an example of a problem you had.

Make sure to get a call log number to ensure that they have actually input the complaint.

We need as many people to call as possible so that they see this as a "problem". so tell this to anyone you know who owns a D3. And if you are good with computers (as I am Not), try to post this as many places as possible, to get the word out.

We need to pool together to get this fixed.

Thanks

G

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm on hold right now submitting a complaint. I keep getting transferred back and forth between installation/operation and the complaint department. Of course they told me i'm the first person to complain about it, and he said "it routes just like any other navigation system". Anyway, hopefully enough people will call and they will take notice that there is a real issue....

Ok the lady i just spoke with insists that i send the unit in for service, but in the mean time she's going to submit the complaint, and now I have a case #. I gave her an example of what it did with addresses and all.

Right On!

Just curious to know why she said to take it in. The guy I spoke to said that it was just the navigation system that it has. And that maybe its not that Great.

Did she say what they would try to do to the unit when you took it in??

Lets keep on them until this is Fixed.

G

After I described the problem she was just like "that just doesn't sound right, I've never heard that complaint, i really think you should send it in for service". The guy i spoke with said that "it routes the same way as any other navigation system" and then told me i should contact TeleAtlas. I told him I already did that, and that their maps show the roads and traffic flow correctly. He then said that maybe I wasn't getting good signal, or that the gyro sensor could be bad, but the map always shows me in the right location, going in the right direction. It also knows where my destinations are. Its just the way it routes. I explained that to both of them, and said it's like no other navigation system i've ever used. The lady then said "well i can submit your complaint, but what do you want Pioneer to do?" I said "find the problem and fix it with an updated firmware." So we shall see...

cool.

Yah I'm calling them right now to see if I can get a case # to put on here so that they know that its the same problem for everyone.

It's not problem with it locating me or my destination (as you said). The only problem is the route it chooses to get there makes you do circles. The map knows where I am as I can see it show me do the full circle to get onto the road I could have just turned straight onto.

I'll post the number we should refrence when calling as soon as I get through.

I think its funny they said "what do you expect Pioneer to do".

FIX THE PROBLEM, what else do you think.

A better question would be "what ARE you (pioneer) going to do"

It's their product why should we be trying to fix it.

What did the atlas place tell you?

G

I know the Gyro and Bypass has nothing to do with it, but just to make sure...

Has anyone had this problem who hasn't bypassed the Navigation.

Or

Can anyone reverse the bypass (so its back to normal factory condition) and see if it still makes you do circles.

Pioneer couldn't give me reference number but if you call and tell them its the D3 and what its doing, if we get enough, they should fix it for us.

G

I'm not having as bad of a problem with the routing, but its very annoying. I will be on the freeway in my area, and there are some places it will have me take an exit, only to get right back on the freeway goin the same direction. It tells me to "Keep right ahead" and shows it on the map, but it never say anything else. Its like it thinks the exit is the freeway. Like I said its only in some places, but it does it every time in those places. The annoying part is if you aren't paying attention and you take the exit only to find out you are getting right back on. The other problem I have recently had, I have beend driving on roadtrips, and out of nowhere, it will "recalculate" and place me in Los Angeles. I saw that someone else had posted this. I the first time it corrected itself within a couple min. The second time, it took me pulling over and turning the car off several times for it to reset. I cheched signal streght that time as soon as it started. I had none, but with in a couple seconds I had full signal again. Still it took several times shutting it off to reset it. fyi I'm bypassed

P.S

I'm not trying to be a dick or cut down the product in any way, because I think it's pretty sweet other than the small issue with the Nav. I'm just optimistic that if enough people call pioneer, it will make make pioneer "aware of this problem". And if all goes well they wil fix it.

Thanks

G

If you're not getting a good GPS signal it can't figure out where you are and places you in LA - the default location. Look at the GPS satellite signal strength when this happens. It also defaults to LA the constant 12V is first applied until it figures things out. If the GPS signal stength is okay make sure your constant 12V connection is not intermittent.

Quick update: I install TomTom navigator 6 on my at&t tilt. It uses the 2007 TeleAtlas maps, and gives me routes 40-50% shorter than the D3, so the problem is obviously with Pioneer, and not TeleAtlas. Yesterday i compared them driving home from work. I was on a main road driving the direction of my house. The TomTom correctly had me driving straight ahead with a total trip of 17.8 miles. The Pioneer wanted me to turn around and go some ridiculous way for a total trip of 32 miles. If i ever go on a trip i will probably just end up using my phone instead of gambling with the D3.