AVIC411.com

Different Mic for BTB

Hey guys,

I've been trying to search for the possibilities of using a different microphones with the BTB-200 (or 100 if you prefer). I think it would look better if the mic was a flush mount, and possibly matched the interior of your vehicle. Just like the On-Star mics in GM. Any ideas???

• 1 year later...

Wanted to resurrect this thread....

Anyone used a different mic? I am looking for a superior mic I dont care what it costs.

When I talk to people they tell me they can hear themselves talking in a slight echo fashion. They dont seem to mind, but I prefer better if its achievable.

• 2 months later...

I'm embarrased to admit, but I spliced some wires and tried using the on star mic. Sound was horrible. I then tried to repair wires for pioneer mic, never sounded good again. Anyway went on a wild goose chase trying to find a replacement pioneer mic ended up find a $12 mic made by garmin with a nice long cable and various attachement methods/pieces. This mic sounds great. People can't tell if I'm in a car.

That's true.

I have to come here somany times to get installs done.

Also i got the mic from radioshack for 14 dollars with free shipping.

My mic is ok, just want the monting options for my GTI, the pionner mic will only mount in the sunvisor in my car.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...