AVIC411.com

From Orbitcast.com:

Starting this Saturday (March 31, 2007), XM's real-time traffic data service for GPS nav systems - XM NavTraffic - is adding on six new coverage areas to its reptoire. For the first time, XM NavTraffic subscribers will be able to view real-time traffic info in three Canadian cities, with a total of 50 major markets across North American.

The six new XM NavTraffic markets include: Fresno, CA; Jacksonville, FL; Montreal, QB; Salt Lake City, UT; Toronto, ON; and Vancouver, BC. Of note: Portland, OR now has expanded coverage with traffic flow data available allowing you to see how fast traffic is moving. On top of these 6 markets being added on March 31st, XM NavTraffic is currently available in 44 other major markets.

XM NavTraffic feeds data on incidents, such as accidents and road construction, directly to a vehicle's GPS navigation system via XM's satellite pipeline. The driver is alerted to these blockages through the navigation screen, letting you route around a jam before you get caught up in the traffic snarl. In select areas, you can also view an overlay of color-coded traffic flow information indicating the average speed of travel along your planned route.

The traffic data is aggregated by NAVTEQ Traffic from data sources that include police and emergency services, commercial traffic data providers, road sensors, traffic cameras, eyewitness reports, and real-time aircraft surveillance reports.

XM says they expect XM NavTraffic to be available in 200,000 vehicles by the end of 2008.

You know sounds all nice and everything but i'd like to see them instead of trying to expand why don't they actually work on the markets their in now. Example i live in the dc area and it only works on the virginia side of the beltway maryland side doesn't even give traffic flow. Sucks too cause they say the washington metro area and it's part of it. Also like to see it more accurate sometimes it'll say traffics flowing and im sitting in stop and go while other times it says there's a traffic jam and theres nothing there. Honestlty i do better watching the news in the morning on the way to work.

• 2 weeks later...
You know sounds all nice and everything but i'd like to see them instead of trying to expand why don't they actually work on the markets their in now. Example i live in the dc area and it only works on the virginia side of the beltway maryland side doesn't even give traffic flow. Sucks too cause they say the washington metro area and it's part of it. Also like to see it more accurate sometimes it'll say traffics flowing and im sitting in stop and go while other times it says there's a traffic jam and theres nothing there. Honestlty i do better watching the news in the morning on the way to work.

I agree 1000%.

Anybody getting service in Toronto yet ? I still get nothing...

Well this is why u ain't gettin any service in T.O.

"*The AVIC-D3and CD-I200 connector are compatible with third generation iPods® and newer featuring the dock connector.

**Optional CD-BTB200 adapter required.

***XM NavTrafficTM service not available in Canada

**** GEX-P10XMT not available for sale in Canada"

Posted on their website. http://www.pioneerelectronics.ca/pna/pr ... 86,00.html

I think you need to do some more reading kryngle

http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php? ... navtraffic

"*The AVIC-D3and CD-I200 connector are compatible with third generation iPods® and newer featuring the dock connector.

I think you need to do some more reading kryngle

http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php? ... navtraffic

Well I did do the readin but when I called Pioneer bout this months back, the told me we don;t get it... Things could have changed but will be givin them a call tomorrow. Thanks for the point out.