AVIC411.com

CD-BTB200 Bluetooth and Smartphones

Hey, has anyone been able to get the BTB-200 (or 100) to work with a smartphone running Windows Mobile 5 or happen to know if it will work (I got a Cingular 8525)? I got a BTB200 on order and im not sure if I should even install it yet since I heard people are having troubling getting things to pair.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is what I can tell you with regards to my Blackberry 7100i(Nextel). It links with the bluetooth and can be used with the telephone to make and receive calls. But doesn't function correctly with the direct connect. I cannot hear them speaking nor can they hear me. I am not able to push my contacts to the unit either. I contacted Pioneer and they told me they are surprised I can even use the phone function as this model isn't set up to even recognize Smartphones. The newer model BB may be able to push their contacts but the older models were not designed to push data. Hope this helps and good luck. The best thing to do prior to installing it is contact Pioneer and your service provider and see if your capable of the contact push.

Kind of frustrated...

Just installed the BTB-200 and I can't get my Palm Treo 750 to connect as a BT phone. (For some reason, it connects as a bluetooth audio player just fine.)

Has anyone had any luck at all connecting a Treo (Windows Mobile 5) to the new bluetooth unit?

Just got the D3 and the BTB200 in. I'm concerned with the fact that so many user are reporting trouble connecting to and using with a smartphone.

I have a blackberry 8100 pearl and i'm going to be sending the bluetooth adapter back if it doesn't perform like i'm expecting.

I just talked to a Pioneer customer service rep., and he says that Pioneer is working on a "fix" for the Smartphone/PDA interoperability with the CD-BTB200. He wasn't sure how long a fix might take, but his comment was: "Our engineers are aware that this is a problem with Palm and Blackberry devices. We're trying to get a firmware update that should address the fact that those phones don't sync up with our product that well."

Here's hoping the engineers are reading this thread and are working hard for a fix...

well i was able to not only get my blackberry 8100 to auto connect i got it to transfer my phone numbers over as well. so now when i get in the car it auto connects and im good to go. my phone doesn't stream bt audio it jsut send them across using bt but that didn't seem to work but no worries ht phone is all i care about.

I second that. Does anyone know if the Cingular 8125 works? How would one upgrade with the firmware update? Would you upgrade the software through the head unit?

My 8525 which runs wm5 didnt work which means the 8125 will not either. My 8525 that has wm6 didnt work either. The A2DP worked though. As for the updates, i was wondering the same thing.

Heres all my info that i put into the Compatibility guide, remember to make sure you have the newest phone SW also.

Service Provider: T Mobile

Phone: Blackberry 8100 Pearl

SW Version: v4.2.0.64

Auto-Connect: Yes

Basic Function: Yes

Phone Book Transfer: Yes

Voice Calling: Yes

Signal & Battery Strength Indicator: Yes / Yes

BT Audio Capable: No, Phone only transfers audio over BT

BlackBerry Settings

Bluetooth: Enabled

Paired Devices: Pioneer BT unit2

Device Properties

Device Name: Pioneer BT unit2

Trusted: Yes

Encryption: Disabled

Echo Control: Automatic

Bluetooth Options

Device Name: Blackberry 8100

Discoverable: Yes

Allow outgoing calls: Always

Address book transfer: Enabled

LED Connection Indicator: On

DSC_0787.JPG

DSC_0783.JPG

Heres all my info that i put into the Compatibility guide, remember to make sure you have the newest phone SW also.

Service Provider: T Mobile

Phone: Blackberry 8100 Pearl

SW Version: v4.2.0.64

Auto-Connect: Yes

Basic Function: Yes

Phone Book Transfer: Yes

Voice Calling: Yes

Signal & Battery Strength Indicator: Yes / Yes

BT Audio Capable: No, Phone only transfers audio over BT

BlackBerry Settings

Bluetooth: Enabled

Paired Devices: Pioneer BT unit2

Device Properties

Device Name: Pioneer BT unit2

Trusted: Yes

Encryption: Disabled

Echo Control: Automatic

Bluetooth Options

Device Name: Blackberry 8100

Discoverable: Yes

Allow outgoing calls: Always

Address book transfer: Enabled

LED Connection Indicator: On

AWESOME!!

I have a Blackberry Pearl and my concerns after reading other users smartphone issues was that it wasn't going to work to the Pioneer Bluetooth adapter's fullest capabilities. Glad to hear that nearly all features are functionable on the D3 & BTB200 when pairing with the BB 8100.

AWESOME!!

I have a Blackberry Pearl and my concerns after reading other users smartphone issues was that it wasn't going to work to the Pioneer Bluetooth adapter's fullest capabilities. Glad to hear that nearly all features are functionable on the D3 & BTB200 when pairing with the BB 8100.

Yeah i was initially concerned as well. i had some issues getting it all to come together at first but i solved each issues little by little. at first i had to manually connect but didn't get any features, and pushing the phone book gave me an error , thats why i put out my phone settings to help others set up their phone. it takes a few steps but its well worth it. also don't forget to add your phone onto the auto connect list on the D3 itself.