AVIC411.com

CD-BTB200 Bluetooth and Smartphones

As an update, I have an older Windows Smartphone (Audiovox SMT5600). This phone connects via bluetooth just fine. Phonebook transfer--one by one--works OK. This phone runs the Smartphone OS and not the Windows Mobile 5 OS, so it doesn't help for the Palm devices.

I still cannot get my Palm Treo 750 to connect, but maybe Pioneer will release a fix soon.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am looking to buy a D3 with bluetooth add on to connect my HTC Tytn ( same as 8525 WM6 phone). I see all the trouble everyone is having and hope that this can be resolve quickly. Firstly has anyone tired http://www.jetwaremobile.com/index.htm its an extension to bluetooth HandsFree Profile. It solves alot of issues with the car phone pairing. Additionally I manage to get my phone working with my brothers Pioneer 9800DEH, althrough the deck can not connect to it, my phone did and I was able to make a call. If someone has WM5\6 phone I would like to work with you to exhaust all options.

Ceddy

I am looking to buy a D3 with bluetooth add on to connect my HTC Tytn ( same as 8525 WM6 phone). I see all the trouble everyone is having and hope that this can be resolve quickly. Firstly has anyone tired http://www.jetwaremobile.com/index.htm its an extension to bluetooth HandsFree Profile. It solves alot of issues with the car phone pairing. Additionally I manage to get my phone working with my brothers Pioneer 9800DEH, althrough the deck can not connect to it, my phone did and I was able to make a call. If someone has WM5\6 phone I would like to work with you to exhaust all options.

Ceddy

Mr. Ceddy: That worked perfectly. I installed the JETware Mobile software, and suddenly my Palm Treo worked. I was able to use the bluetooth headset funtions easily, I transferred all my contacts over in just one "push", and the D3 now even shows my phone's battery life/cellular strength meter.

Thanks SO much for the suggestion! I knew there had to be a fix!

For all you out there with Windows Mobile 5 phones, try downloading that JETware software. I'll be paying my $15 to them in about five minutes...

Ceddy

Mr. Ceddy: That worked perfectly. I installed the JETware Mobile software, and suddenly my Palm Treo worked. I was able to use the bluetooth headset funtions easily, I transferred all my contacts over in just one "push", and the D3 now even shows my phone's battery life/cellular strength meter.

For all you out there with Windows Mobile 5 phones, try downloading that JETware software. I'll be paying my $15 to them in about five minutes...

I am glad that I was able to give to the community! I am very knowledgeable in WM5\6 PPC Phones and will continue to help anyone who ask for it.

Ceddy

Ceddy

Ceddy,

You’re a life saver....

I can confirm that Jetware DOES work with a Verizon VX6700 (PPC6700) perfectly. Although I had to initiate pairing the phone from the phone, once I did...everything works (Caller ID, AutoConnect, Direct Dial, Import Phonebook, Battery/Signal Strength Meter, etc...) I'm so happy, somebody needs to tip off Pioneer, so they can include this as a free update to the BTB200...and throw a huge piece of business to Jetware. I personally find it insulting that I paid $175 bucks for the BTB200, and have to buy another piece of software to get it to work correctly, I'm not knocking Jetware, I just think Pioneer could should have designed a better & more compatible product.

Thanks Again.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, I'm running a custom ROM on my phone,

Saridnours’ AKU 3.5+ Rom. Current 3/28 v3.5pr6 (www.ppcgeeks.com).... I haven't tried it with the shipped AKU 2.2, but it should work.

Ceddy

Chill903,

How did you transfer your phonebook to your D3? I tried to hit "phonebook transfer" on the unit and I just get a blank screen. I dont know what to do after that. Please help somebody...my happiness may fade away...

Just want to 2nd that this solution works great. I'm using a Verizon Wireless Palm Treo 700w. Wouldn't work at all before installing this software and works great now (autoconnect, address book transfer, caller ID, etc).

For the address book transfer, I had to initiate it from the 700w itself by opening up the JET Software and sending it to the D3. The directions are on the JET software website. Thanks for recommending this software!

Mr. CEddy wrote:

I am glad that I was able to give to the community! I am very knowledgeable in WM5\6 PPC Phones and will continue to help anyone who ask for it.

Ceddy

I have the D3 and BTB200 installed. I have been able to pair my Blackberry 7130e to the radio but not install the phonebook. When I direct connect, I can save the numbers as priority but I cannot edit them. I emailed Pioneer and they told me I would need an OPP profile on my phone in order to sync the phone book.

Do you know if the Jetware software patch will help me, or should I just leave well enough alone? I really enjoy having the bluetooth but I would like to get all the functions if possible. I also have the Verizon service.

Mr. CEddy wrote:

Ceddy

I have the D3 and BTB200 installed. I have been able to pair my Blackberry 7130e to the radio but not install the phonebook. When I direct connect, I can save the numbers as priority but I cannot edit them. I emailed Pioneer and they told me I would need an OPP profile on my phone in order to sync the phone book.

Do you know if the Jetware software patch will help me, or should I just leave well enough alone? I really enjoy having the bluetooth but I would like to get all the functions if possible. I also have the Verizon service.

I am not familiar with Blackberry's ( love my PPC phone with BB Mail), but I do know that the software from Jetware supports PPC only and not blackberry's. Additionally Verizon is known for crippling their phones by limiting the bluetooth profiles it supports and I read someone that the Razors have OBEX profile disabled by Verizon.

Sources:

Verizon disabled OBEX profile

More chatter about Verizon disabling OBEX profile

What is OBEX

my verizon lg vx9800 (the V as its called) has voice command where it says, "please say a command" does this work the same way?

similar. instead of it prompting to say a command you press the voice button on the unit then you say the name.

Layd Dly,

I've finally got my Pearl registered with the D3. However, when I press Voice I will not hear, "Say a command." and, if I say the name, I will not hear "Did you say...". Yet when I answer "Yes", it will dial and can complete the call with ring, dial tones, callers voice etc. Is there a setting that is preventing the phone prompts from being heard?

Also, just for my knowledge, will the BT always connect passively or, must I actively turn on the BT on my phone then go thru the menues on the D3 and start the connection?

Also, never got the phone book to upload to the BT (really won't need it if I get the prompts to play). Are there any instruction that you know of?

Thanks for information,

-Stevie

Wow, I'm kind of glad to hear that it's not just my phone having this problem. I find this so incredibly frustrating.

I have a T-Mobile Dash running Wm5. Pioneer keeps telling me "invalid device". Anyonek now if the Jetware product will help me out?

Thanks,

Chris

ETA: Well, I installed this and it did something. Somehow I got the phone to think it was connected. And the pioneer actually displayed battery and signal strength. And a 'disconnect' button. Butt I couldn't make it dial, or talk to the phone in any useful way.