AVIC411.com

CD-BTB200 Bluetooth and Smartphones

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my verizon lg vx9800 (the V as its called) has voice command where it says, "please say a command" does this work the same way?

similar. instead of it prompting to say a command you press the voice button on the unit then you say the name.

Layd Dly,

I've finally got my Pearl registered with the D3. However, when I press Voice I will not hear, "Say a command." and, if I say the name, I will not hear "Did you say...". Yet when I answer "Yes", it will dial and can complete the call with ring, dial tones, callers voice etc. Is there a setting that is preventing the phone prompts from being heard?

Also, just for my knowledge, will the BT always connect passively or, must I actively turn on the BT on my phone then go thru the menues on the D3 and start the connection?

Also, never got the phone book to upload to the BT (really won't need it if I get the prompts to play). Are there any instruction that you know of?

Thanks for information,

-Stevie

You are correct on the voice commands. it will not say it through the deck. i doubt there is a workaround other than looking at your phone screen i don't ever use phone dialing especially since my phone book is on the d3. And to the auto connect yes my phone does auto connect. as soon as i get in my car it will auto connect. you have to register the phone under the options menu. I also posted my blackberry side options in the Compatibility thread.

• 2 weeks later...

I just installed the jetware solution (the new version). It works well!!! Bluetooth discovered and works. I have not tried to transfer my phonebook--but at least I can use my phone wirelessly. Thanks for everyone's advice.

Anyone know how to push the phonebook to my d3? (Win Mobile Pocket PC) :D

Ok I'm really frustrated i installed Jet on my treo 750 lastnight and it worked great. I finally got some rest lastnight :) . Then when I get in the car this morning I'm back to the drawing board the with a connection error. I haven't registered Jet yet, but it's still installed Do I have to register for it to continuing working past the first sync? and or does anyone have any details on how Bluetooth/Jet needs to be configured to allow the phone to sync consistantly?

Thanks for the help

take a look over @ treocentral.com here:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/showt ... ost1245509

this user says hes able to get his palm 650 to work just fine... he even posted his settings

according to crutchfield my bluetooth module is getting ready for shipping today so hopefully this weekend ill be able to get my stuff installed

take a look over @ treocentral.com here:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/showt ... ost1245509

this user says hes able to get his palm 650 to work just fine... he even posted his settings

according to crutchfield my bluetooth module is getting ready for shipping today so hopefully this weekend ill be able to get my stuff installed

Thanks for the info, I actually went out for lunch this afternoon after registering Jetware and it was working flawlessly. I have an hour commute home today so I'll give it a workout on the way. I hope the delima is over for me.

For humor though I did call Pioneer this morning to ask if there was a known issue (prior to finding this forum) and the tier 1 rep said smartphone devices do not work period. He suggested and I quote " the Motorola RAZR works really good and it's a really cool phone you should check it out it has a lot more features than the smartphones do!" I thought about asking him if it would integrate with the group policy setup on my business MS Domain and allow for Direct Push of email from my MS exchange server as well snycing my calendar so that my assistant can keep my meetings in order, but I resisted after all he was only tier 1 and probably answered every question with return the unit back to the dealer, or the device is not supported.

The true tech support is right here thanks to everyone for your help and posts without this website my AVIC would already be on the open box table and Circuit City!

Heres all my info that i put into the Compatibility guide, remember to make sure you have the newest phone SW also.

Service Provider: T Mobile

Phone: Blackberry 8100 Pearl

SW Version: v4.2.0.64

Auto-Connect: Yes

Basic Function: Yes

Phone Book Transfer: Yes

Voice Calling: Yes

Signal & Battery Strength Indicator: Yes / Yes

BT Audio Capable: No, Phone only transfers audio over BT

BlackBerry Settings

Bluetooth: Enabled

Paired Devices: Pioneer BT unit2

Device Properties

Device Name: Pioneer BT unit2

Trusted: Yes

Encryption: Disabled

Echo Control: Automatic

Bluetooth Options

Device Name: Blackberry 8100

Discoverable: Yes

Allow outgoing calls: Always

Address book transfer: Enabled

LED Connection Indicator: On

I have exactly the same setup as Layd Dly, however.............

My blackberry pairs and connedts fine to the pioneer unit, but there is no sound nor can anyone hear me. Have not seen this problem here. I'm stumped on this one. I need help please.

Heres all my info that i put into the Compatibility guide, remember to make sure you have the newest phone SW also.

BlackBerry Settings

Device Properties

Bluetooth Options

My blackberry pairs and connedts fine to the pioneer unit, but there is no sound nor can anyone hear me. Have not seen this problem here. I'm stumped on this one. I need help please.

ratso, You may have got it by now, if not, make sure your phone firmware is uptodate then, keep trying over and over. Mine just connected after 4-5 tries, registered and is auto-connecting fine. However, auto-dial listens but the BTB-200 is not relaying the replies. But, if you watch the phone and answer yes, the phone will dial and the call will connect properly with mic and speakers auto-muting.

-Stevie

Kind of frustrated...

Just installed the BTB-200 and I can't get my Palm Treo 750 to connect as a BT phone. (For some reason, it connects as a bluetooth audio player just fine.)

Has anyone had any luck at all connecting a Treo (Windows Mobile 5) to the new bluetooth unit?

Yes, I have my Treo 700W connected to my AVIC Z-2. I was able to transfer my phone book to the unit, but when I am talking on the phone for more then a couple of min., it just cuts out and the BT symbol becomes crossed off as if it just shut off by itself. I actually posted about this problem yesterday, so I'm glad to hear its something the engineers are working on.

BlackBerry Settings

Device Properties

Bluetooth Options

ratso, You may have got it by now, if not, make sure your phone firmware is uptodate then, keep trying over and over. Mine just connected after 4-5 tries, registered and is auto-connecting fine. However, auto-dial listens but the BTB-200 is not relaying the replies. But, if you watch the phone and answer yes, the phone will dial and the call will connect properly with mic and speakers auto-muting.

-Stevie

I did solve the problem but the solution was weird.

Thinking I had a defective BT head and having Pioneer support confirming it, I purchased another. Same problem!! This made no sense! It connects but no sound, only static. What are the chances of having 2 bad units? Then, by mistake, I plugged in the bus cable intro the wrong socket (instructions say, blue end to blue socket) and it WORKS! What is this? In fact both units worked and not only did it connect as before but now I had sound. Pioneer support confirms that some have been assembled incorrectly!

I can barely beleive this!

Any one else run into this? BTW, I was unimpressed with Pioneer support.

BlackBerry Settings

Device Properties

Bluetooth Options

-Stevie

I did solve the problem but the solution was weird.

Thinking I had a defective BT head and having Pioneer support confirming it, I purchased another. Same problem!! This made no sense! It connects but no sound, only static. What are the chances of having 2 bad units? Then, by mistake, I plugged in the bus cable intro the wrong socket (instructions say, blue end to blue socket) and it WORKS! What is this? In fact both units worked and not only did it connect as before but now I had sound. Pioneer support confirms that some have been assembled incorrectly!

I can barely beleive this!

Any one else run into this? BTW, I was unimpressed with Pioneer support.

ratso, Glad you got the phone to work. Can you please confirm that you are only hearing the sound of the call but also the voice prompts for Voice Dialing? In other words, can you use Voice Dialing with your Blue Tooth without looking or touching the phone?

-Stevie

That Jetmobile software works well on my Cingular 2125.

Installed it, did the phone pairing, shows connection error, but it will re-connect eventually, registered the phone.

No contacts. hrm... installed jetmobile software and everything now works on first go. There's an option to send all contacts rather than 1 by 1.

Everything but Voice Dial works.