AVIC411.com

Installs in N.J.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Heya MisFit,

I am not too familiar with NJ, but my bro lives @ Exit 12 on the turnpike and (if you are willing) I'd like to see if you can help me out with a D3 install.

I'd like to get the following items done:

Get the D3 with reverse camera, and ipod module. Only prob is, while I do not mind paying extra for your own markup, I need to purchase the head unit with a CC, not cash. :(

I also need 2 front door speakers installed, as I have blown mines. I'd probably ask your opinion on a decent set of speakers for a 2006 Civic Coupe.

Finally, and I've read that you don't do this, but I'd like it bypassed. If you can't please let me know. If you decide that you won't bypass, then I'd like to ask you to take a different route with my car, and just go for pure loudness with the stock HU. The D3 would be nice, but I'd probably never use it if it wasn't bypassed.

Please contact me in PM with any prices or suggestions, if you can. If you cannot, then that's cool. I need to save money anyway. :)

bypass is not a problem, but i dont take cc

No, I meant...I would have rather bought the unit from you directly, and let you get your margin off of it, but I am unable to -- since I'd need to buy it with a CC and pay you in cold hard cash for install. :)

I forgot to mention, if I can't get the XM adapter w/traffic (I want this too), and camera, can I purchase these from you directly? Cash, of course.

Since you are getting so much props in these forums, I don't mind paying for some peace of mind. Are you far from Exit 12? How can we hook up? Let's talk in PM. I'll be back in these forums from work tomorrow morning.

- Pat

• 1 month later...

I have all of the adapters, and started the install; all of the wiring harness adapters have been wired and I plugged the unit in to make sure all is working. The sound is working, but the iPod plays, but no sound.

The Z2 is not in the dash yet, and I still need to hide and mount all of the accessories.

Anyway, I think I am over my head with installing the Sirius, iPod adapter (cd-ib100ii), and the steering wheel control adapter. Let me know around how much and I live in Ringwood NJ 07456. If you have any questions just let me know!

Thank you,

Todd

Misfit swung by last weekend to install my D3. Nothing but good things to say about his work. He took plenty of time to explain his work throughout the install and was meticulous with his wire work.

Two thumbs up. I'd recommend him to anyone having second thoughts installing themselves.

Thanks again Misfit!