AVIC411.com

Installs in N.J.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Misfit installed a D3 w/all the fixins' today...it had been a mess from a previous install that wasn't that clean, evidently...Misfit cleaned it all up & really did a great job...cannot recommend highly enough...I will be giving him a shout again to re-install the N2 that he took out of my truck to put in my friends, if he's up for it :)

MisFit,

Have you done BMW installs before? Would you be comfortable doing one in a 2002 530i (no nav or dsp)? I am looking to buy a D3, ipod, bluetooth combo. PM me if you can. If not, would it make sense for me to ask you to do a custom bezel and then install it in a pro shop? The reason is that the one they showed me in my local shop just looks too plain, and I've seen much better on the net.

thanks.

MisFit,

Have you done BMW installs before? Would you be comfortable doing one in a 2002 530i (no nav or dsp)? I am looking to buy a D3, ipod, bluetooth combo. PM me if you can. If not, would it make sense for me to ask you to do a custom bezel and then install it in a pro shop? The reason is that the one they showed me in my local shop just looks too plain, and I've seen much better on the net.

thanks.

I'd love to see the results for the BMW 5 Series, if Misfit can do it. The e39 is a tough job because some fabbing needs to be done behind the dash to allow a double din to fit IIRC.

I'm looking for a 540i myself, and would love to see a good custom job.

I'd love to see the results for the BMW 5 Series, if Misfit can do it. The e39 is a tough job because some fabbing needs to be done behind the dash to allow a double din to fit IIRC.

I'm looking for a 540i myself, and would love to see a good custom job.

Dman, I assume you looked in the bimmerfest forums. There is a pic of a great double din install in 5 series by some guy in Japan, it sticks out an inch, but looks OEM, he even matched the leather trim to factory dash, very nice install.

Did some searching and just found out that MisFit is not a big fan of euro installs, too bad, still would be great if I found someone who would make similar bezel for a good price.