AVIC411.com

thanks for the info...he better not be lazy, i didn't pay him to be lazy.

btw, i finally found the correct wire for the reverse cam. there were 5 wires that were black with a pink stripe. took a bit of time to figure out, but got it done finally.

now, all i need it for it to sit more flush and i'm good to go.

if he is too lazy, i may have to do it myself...vt, will you be able to be more specific if i have to do it myself?

thanks

Same here...mine sits too far back. Pics at following links:

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p263 ... G_0393.jpg

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p263 ... G_0392.jpg

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p263 ... G_0391.jpg

I used 4 spacers on top screws and 2 spacers on bottom, and it still sits out that far.

It doesn't bother me too much, as I'm sick of taking it out time and time again.

did the spacers do anything at all to fix it or not worth the trouble?

yea..im really tired of taking it in and out just because i feel like ima ruin it and being the anal retentive that i am, i will end up breakign it because it's not perfect. but yea..from your pics, yours sits out much further than it does mine..mine is a good 2 inches in deep.

any more info would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Yeah, I hear what you mean about making it perfect. Since install, I think I have taken it out 15 times, each time for something small, mainly not really worth it, but happy to finally be done.

If your's is 2 inches deep I would say yes, washers are worth it. I used 1/4" flat washers. I put 4 behind the top screw and 2 under bottom screw. It did really help bring it out. I just have no clue why the old DD fits nothing like the new DD.

mine has not been super great...def not as clear in some areas as it has been with my factory unit.

where did you mount your gps antenna? i have mine sitting on the dash, but im contemplating doing what some people have said about putting it under along with the unit. i have a metal piece that i can use, just don't want to take everything out again just yet...i'm sure you know what i mean

:P

I ran mine behind the dash, out underneath the glove box, underneath the floor mat to back seat, underneath that floor mat, underneath seat along side towards door, behind seat up towards back deck, and then put that sticky square on back deck and put gps antenna on it.

Sounds confusing, but the only wire you see is where it goes to the back deck, and I have all 8 satellites with perfect reception. I didn't know about under the dash, and do not feel like taking the unit out once again.

so it seems like i need to do it myself.

misfit, i sent you a pm asking you about procedure.

some people have said i needed to drill holes in my existing brackets, some have said i do not...a tad confused.

help is appreciated. thanks

Putting washers/spacers in the back will push the unit, bracket, and dash kit forward. However, to my understanding, you wants the D3 to be flush with the dash kit, meaning you will need to drill new holes on the bracket. If you want everything to be flush, you need to use both spacer to move the the bracket forward. Then drill new holes on the bracket to make the D3 flush with the dash kit.

Steps:

1. Take it all out. Your D3 is should be attached to your bracket with a number or screws. Loosen them

2. Slide the D3 forward until it is flush with the front of the dash kit. If the holes on your D3 no longer match up with any holes on your bracket, drill new holes for the new locations

3. Put spacers behind the bracket to push it out

It just takes a lil common sense. You should understand as soon as you take everything out.