AVIC411.com

D3 Bypass Flash Tutorial

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry to be a noob, but wut does the bypass do exactly.

The bypass allows you to use most of the nav functions while the vehicle is in motion. It also allows you to watch video while driving. If you didn't have it, you wouldn't be able to say, search for a new POI while you were moving. You would have to pull over, put on your parking brake, and then do it.

• 2 weeks later...
great idea, i hope people find this and stop asking the same question over and over again[/quotyou tell this guy is from jersey with the attitide. if your sick of hearing about this then don't read it. i want to make sure im doing the right thing.. i don't want to throw away $800 cause your sick of hearing it. we are sick of hearing you... rwb :D:D:D
you tell this guy is from jersey with the attitide. if your sick of hearing about this then don't read it. i want to make sure im doing the right thing.. i don't want to throw away $800 cause your sick of hearing it. we are sick of hearing you... rwb :D:D:D

Aside from the fact that you're new, don't know how to quote someone correctly and have very poor grammar, I didn't give you the link to this thread to talk shit about one of the more intelligent and helpful guys on this forum.

If you had read through the many stickys at the top of the page, you would have been able to find your answer. Misfit gives great advice and help to many, many people. It is people like you I don't want to hear from because all you do is complain that information isn't spoon fed to you.

you tell this guy is from jersey with the attitide. if your sick of hearing about this then don't read it. i want to make sure im doing the right thing.. i don't want to throw away $800 cause your sick of hearing it. we are sick of hearing you... rwb :D:D:D

Aside from the fact that you're new, don't know how to quote someone correctly and have very poor grammar, I didn't give you the link to this thread to talk shit about one of the more intelligent and helpful guys on this forum.

If you had read through the many stickys at the top of the page, you would have been able to find your answer. Misfit gives great advice and help to many, many people. It is people like you I don't want to hear from because all you do is complain that information isn't spoon fed to you.

hay steve i didn't have a problem with you. actually you helped me out very well (just my brake light stays on now?) i just can't stand people that have a comment that isn't wanted or needed, you get them in every forum. i come across them everyday i write out a citation for speeding or blowing thru a stop sign(attitude and everyone has it). just isn't nessacery. now the forum here is great and if i offended anyone you have my apologize. rwb

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

You all have been a great help. I finally installed my new D3 in my truck along with the BT adapter and the IPod controller and it's just unbelievable. I found the install to be pretty easy. The only thing that I didn't hook up is the reverse wire and I don't think it's affected anything.

Thanks again to all you guys who helped me out.

• 5 weeks later...
Thanks for hosting it Jason. If anyone finds this tutorial helpful, please use my referral code: pe7ar-538s2-w5387

The last part of the gallery shows the Parking Brake wire and the Ground wire.

You can use the wire tap that is already on the parking brake wire to tap into the ground wire shown. You could also use a tap to connect the Mute wire to the ground wire.

I have confirmed this and you only have to use that one wire to ground. I tapped into the ground on the wiring harness in case I ever need to change the other harness (if I get that new truck I'm eyeing).

I replaced the negative pin in the ISO connector and I placed negative and hand brake cable together into the iso connector. So you don't need to screw it anywhere.

Sorry for my english

• 2 weeks later...

how would you wire a switch in on this bypass... since the 'law' states that it has to be wired to the parking brake so that I can't use the movie feature while in drive? I would just like a 'safeguard' that allows me to flip a switch somewhere and put it in its 'factory' mode in case a cop pulls me over and claims that I was watching a movie...

I am curious if I do the mute wire move, and wire the parking brake wire to the parking brake, and then a ground wire to a switch and then a wire from the switch to the parking brake wire if that would fry anything or not.

Conceptually it would be in the factory installation mode, unless I flip a switch which then grounds that parking brake wire..

Any thoughts? also instead of searching.. why is the mute wire move/ground necessary? ... I know I'm lazy :roll:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all.

I just had the D3 installed in my 2008 F150 pickup. I have read dozens of pages on this forum concerning this one hack, but I still have a couple of questions and comments.

1. No one who has installed this unit AND posted has commented on if the factory mute function works correctly after the hack. Someone asked about that function. The function I am referring to is the ability to hold down the volume knob continuously and after a second or two, the sound mutes. Reply if you know the answer.

2. I would also like to know if, after perofrming this hack, there are any other muting problems. Others have asked this question, but I still have not seen an answer. Problems such as the BT-Tel properly muting audio with an incoming call? Others issues?

3. Should the BT work correctly (with the additional BT module installed) with or without the hack (i.e., as per factory install)? Let me explain....I see no reason that, if one were to not have the parking brake applied in a "by the book" install, the BT menu items/buttons would not be accessible. Well, when I select BT-TEL the screen that pops up afterwards is 100% blank except the clock and tel icon in the upper left. Does not sound correct to me. And yes I do have the BT module installed.

4. A question about the hack: Please pardon my ignorance, but am I correct in saying that the mute wire (in its new slot), and the parking brake wire (in its factory location) both have to be grounded?

5. Can the mute wire, parking brake and unit's main ground wire all be grounded at the same location (or even spliced together to a longer wire and then grounded)?

One last thing.....

6. For the person above who asked about a on/off switch for this bypass. My installer did just that......my unit is not grounded to the parking brake. It is wired to a toggle switch. But, believe it or not......I have no idea where the switch is.....yeah I know....wetawded. I called him up and he told me he installed so many units that he forgot where my hidden button is in my truck. Now I have to drive back to him 45 mins from home (each way) just for him to show me the button. Ridiculous. But I must tay the rest of the install looks great.

Chow for now..sorry for the novel.