AVIC411.com

Problems with Navtraffic Unit and Avic-Z2

Ok so I just installed a Z2 into my brothers 2006 Ford F150 - Sterling

We bought the navtraffic \xm adapter

The Bluetooth adapter

the z2, harness and faceplate.

After hours of work since it was my first time installing such a unit I finally got it in. called up XM and activated the radio ID.

I waited and nothing came in. Signal said strong signal, but Status said :Updating: for 2 hours. After I turned the car on and off a few times it finally went to Status : OK. But I can't select XM from the AV menu.

Traffic information is coming in. but for the life of me I cant get the XM button activated.

I'm using the data cable from the Z2 to the XM adapter. I am NOT using the IPBUS cable as it says its meant for daisy chaining devices. Am I supposed to use the ipbus? If i use it, do I have to remove the power harness(Theres a warning flyer about that)

Dunno what to do. My brother got the unit mostly for the xm features.

You do need the P-bus connected. Then read the flyer, you will only need to connect one of the power cables from the XM harness

the flyer doesn't help as im not using half the items in it.

do I connect the p-bus to the input or output of the xm unit.

welp xm now works. I connected the pbus cable and nothing happend (blue cable to z2, black end ot xm)

Did a reset on the xm and nothing happened. Did a online refresh and nothing happened. did a Z2 factory refresh using the button on the front and now XM works

SHAME you cant record xm to the HD

there have been xm devices that allow that in the past. So there is precedance. Course you can't buy any of those devices anymore.

Sure you can buy these units. The Pioneer Inno, Delphy SkyFi 3, Samsung Helix, and Samsung Nexus all record XM Content. But the above mentioned agencies all are fighting XM over the recording capability, even though nothing recorded can be shared, AND that XM and Sirius both pay royalties for the music they play! Free FM doesnt pay royalties, and its so easy to record free radio on a cassette player.

welp xm now works. I connected the pbus cable and nothing happend (blue cable to z2, black end ot xm)

Did a reset on the xm and nothing happened. Did a online refresh and nothing happened. did a Z2 factory refresh using the button on the front and now XM works

SHAME you cant record xm to the HD

Ok you have the ipbus plugged in right I guess, Have you checked the power connections. Yellow wire to constant and black to a GOOD ground.

• 2 months later...

So to be clear, no RED wire if set up like it is described here?!

I tried it this way that is explained and without the red wire. Nothing happened. Then I tried it the way that the paper says. Still nothing.

I need to put it back as you talk about here and do a refresh at the Z2.

• 4 months later...

Having a simular problem with the XM Radio/Nav-Traffic connected to my Z2. Connections look to be good. Only things are aren't connected are the IP Bus In and IP Bus Out. Based on what I'm reading here, sounds like I need to connect one of them. My other vehicles usually either have XM or Sirius satelite radio. I know that has to be activated but there is usually at least one channel that works. Even if it's just telling you to sign up. Actually, I believe there are a few channels available before the subscription is done. When I goto source, the XM button isn't there. available to be used. It's there, but not highlighted like the FM or DVD for example. Tried resetting the XM and Z2. That didn't work. I'll pull the head unit out (kind of a pain in the butt feeding all of those wires) and connect the IP-Bus. That seems to be the only thing left.

The P-bus cable is required. It not only transfers audio, but also carries the signal to trigger the XM box to fire up when you switch to that source

Having a simular problem with the XM Radio/Nav-Traffic connected to my Z2. Connections look to be good. Only things are aren't connected are the IP Bus In and IP Bus Out. Based on what I'm reading here, sounds like I need to connect one of them. My other vehicles usually either have XM or Sirius satelite radio. I know that has to be activated but there is usually at least one channel that works. Even if it's just telling you to sign up. Actually, I believe there are a few channels available before the subscription is done. When I goto source, the XM button isn't there. available to be used. It's there, but not highlighted like the FM or DVD for example. Tried resetting the XM and Z2. That didn't work. I'll pull the head unit out (kind of a pain in the butt feeding all of those wires) and connect the IP-Bus. That seems to be the only thing left.
  • 1 year later...