AVIC411.com

CD-BTB200 & Bluetooth Phone Compatibility Guide

Shackett,

I have the new Palm Centro and I'm getting the same problem when using the D3 to search for the phone.

When I use the "Connection Open" option and search for the D3 from the phone, after I put in the 0000 passcode, the phone tells me it's connected and paired, but the D3 keeps saying "pairing" forever.

Have you been able to get yours paired?

-Chris

Service Provider: Sprint

Phone-SW : Palm Treo755p

My AVIC-D3 with BTB-200 continues to give a "Connection Error" everytime I try to connect using my new Palm Treo755p from Sprint.

I know Jetwaremobile.com has the Windows Mobile 5.0 software, but is there anything out there for the Palm OS?

I've got to find a way to get this thing to connect.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For the Droid you need to get the Bluetooth File Transfer program in the app Marketplace. Then you need to make sure that you disable the a2dp portion of the bluetooth handshake ie media on the phone

I had a Q for a while and it worked perfectly with the D3. Even plays your selected ringer from the phone through the speakers when your phone rings.

I e-mailed pioneer asking tem if my moto Q would sync up to there bluetooth adapter this is what they sent back

Thank you for contacting Pioneer Electronics, Inc.

Pioneer does not have a phone compatible list. However you can check with the cell service provider to see if your cell phone have the following profiles.

This profiles are require to make your phone Bluetooth compatible.

GAP (Generic Access Profile)

SDP (Service Discovery Protocol)

HSP ( Head Set Profile)

HFP (Hands Free Profile)

A2DP (Advance Audio Distribution profile)

OPP (Object Push Profile)

Service Provider: at&t

Phone-SW Version: latest firmware from att (Sept07)

Autoconnect: Yes

Basic Function: (Make & Recieve a call, Call History, Preset Memory)

Phone Book Transfer: Yes

Voice Calling: Yes, need to adjust volume and test different mic locations for best results.

Signal & Battery Strength Indicator: No / No

BT Audio Capable?: Yes a2dp

I would troublshoot the mic first, you can probably plug it into a mic jack on your pc and use the recorder utility to see if it pics up your voice.

if you have a different phone, I would try another one and see if that as well.

I guess I was lucky, I just went out to my truck at 2am, my intent was to just leave it until the morning, but my leatherman was in the console so I just connected everything and ran the mic wire, in less than 10 min. I was testing it. :roll:

EDIT sorry, I misread your last comment, they can hear you but you cannot hear them. ok, sorry for the misunderstanding. I have the opposite problem, the volume is a bit too loud for me even if I turn it all the way down. I am sure I can play with the settings and get it right.

What about the LG Shine VX8700??? Im havin mad trouble tryin to transfer my phonebook over. Anybody had success in this and if so... HOW did u do this???

the trick for me with my blackberry was that I had to disconnect the bluetooth first, then I went to my phonebook and initiated the transfer.

bluetooth is actually several different profiles, the headset profile, data transfer, music streaming, etc. the headset profile used for answering calls cannot do data transfer.

Phone-SW Version: Motorola Razr/V3

Basic Function: (Make & Recieve a call, Call History, Preset Memory) Yes

Phone Book Transfer: Yes (multiple allowed)

Voice Calling: The voice recognition does not answer you through the car speakers. It could work, but you do not know when to confirm what you said or if it is correct.

Signal & Battery Strength Indicator: Yes / Yes

BT Audio Capable?: Not tested

• 3 weeks later...

Phone-SW Version: HTC Mogul

Basic Function: Make a call, voice call, that's all i've tested but i assume the rest works

Phone Book Transfer: yes, but i had to do it one at a time (to do this connect the phone then press transfer phone book (this will drop the connection) then go into your contacts hit menu then send contact, beam and wait for the bluetooth thing to come up in devices tap that and you're done)

Voice Calling: Yes, but phone commands are not ouput through car's speakers

Signal & Battery Strength Indicator: Yes/ Yes

BT Audio Capable?: Not tested

In order to make this work i did have to install the software from jetwaremobile.com and make sure all of the functions were enabled but once i did that it connected right away

Service Provider: Verizon Wireless

Phone-SW Version: LG VX8600 | SW T86VZV03 | Bluetooth Lib ver. Q304.01.02

Basic Function: (Make & Recieve a call - yes, Call History - no, Preset Memory - yes). Cannot edit names to preset memory but I thinnk the preset memory is a BTB-200 thing.

Phone Book Transfer: Yes, one at a time

Voice Calling: Phone commands are not ouput through car's speakers so I don't know if it works.

Signal & Battery Strength Indicator: Yes / Yes

BT Audio Capable?: Not tested - not interested.

It was a pain getting things working. You can read all about it in a lame tutorial that I wrote up here http://www.jetwaremobile.com/ but I know nothing of it, just read that it is the fix for Palm Treo's etc running Windows.

Cheers

OOps. Update. I had to tweak the settings on my LG VX8600 but I can now use Voice Calling. I still don't have any audio or confirmation beeps over the speakers but it works. Here are settings that I now have on my phone

Choice List: Always OFF

Prompts Mode : Tones Only

Sound Path: Earpiece

Call Alert: Caller ID + Ring (not sure that is important or not)

Cheers.