AVIC411.com

CD-BTB200 & Bluetooth Phone Compatibility Guide

Im curious on if anybody has done the phonebook tranfer wit the LG Shine VX8700??? If so do tell...

LOL. Poor Kryngle. Brutha I have been reading of your pains on this forum. As you can read above I have the VX8600 and I have looked at the manual for the 8700 and they are almost identical. You have a couple more options than I do but.....this can be done.

The most important thing is that YOU MUST BE IN THE PHONEBOOK TRANSFER SCREEN.

At the AVIC: At your BT phone screen hit the hard button MENU --> FUNCTION soft key --> PHONEBOOK TRANSFER. If you can't choose it make sure your parking brake is set.

Now go to your VX8700

PHONE: Now, this is direct from your manual. Press OK [MENU], press navigation key (down to select SETTINGS & TOOLS and press OK. Press #3 (Bluetooth Menu). I realize you are probably painfully aware of how to get there by now but it does not hurt to state what may be obvious just in case. Highlight the "Pioneer BT Unit 2" and select OPTIONS.

Hopefully you will see something like SEND NAME CARD. If that is the case then when you hit that it will take you to your contact list and you can "mark" one contact and then send it. You will have to do it one at a time but at least you are getting them over there. Have patience. Once you are done you will notice that your phone is no longer paired with the BTB. I don't know why this happens but you can just do a direct connect afterwards.

I really hope this works for you since it seems you have had this problem all month long.

Peace.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For the Droid you need to get the Bluetooth File Transfer program in the app Marketplace. Then you need to make sure that you disable the a2dp portion of the bluetooth handshake ie media on the phone

Maaaaaaaaan it is painin me BIG TIME but here is an update and possible the problem. I called up Telus and they told me they have blocked the option to send VIA Bluetooth and I aksed em why and they said "Security reasons" I was like WTF. now it look like Im a have to cry until I can find away to install this crap proper. I am like the only sucka who has no luck on here. Im so pissed

Service Provider: Verizon Wireless

Phone-SW Version: Razr V3m - Flashed to Alltel

Autoconnect: Yes - See note

Basic Function: (Make & Recieve a call, Call History, Preset Memory) Yes

Phone Book Transfer: Yes, but one at a time by pushing from phone.

Voice Calling: Yes, Seems to work, but phone commands are not ouput through car's speakers

Signal & Battery Strength Indicator: Yes / Yes

BT Audio Capable?: Not tested

Other Comments: The Razr works great as a phone but the Bluetooth functionality is severely impaired by Verizon. To wit, there is limited support for OPP which allows phonebook transfer from the phone to the D3. It must be done one at a time by pushing from the phone. Most irritating though is that after pairing the phone with the D3 (and registering) the phone connects to the D3. However, with the phone's BT power on, each time the D3 is started up the phone ask whether to grant permission to pair with the D3 - i.e. no true auto-connect. I decided to flash the phone's firmware from Verizon to Alltel (see howardforums.com for details and process). The user interface on the phone is much improved and most importantly, it now auto connects. :)

_

I have not flashed over to Alltel on my V3m yet. Which firmware update works the best with the D3? Not having it auto connect drives me nuts!

I have posted this to another thread, but I will post it hear as well...

This is a PDF with US phone compatibility and PAIRING and TRANSFER instructions for the D3 and various phones...

I found this deep within the bowels of the Pioneer web site...

Good luck,

Mark

Thank you for the download. I have a Motorola L7 SLVR and am about to give it a try. :D

I was just at the Verizon store. We tried using the LG VX8350 and it would pair up fine. I also registered it and I could check the call log but no phone book. Once I turned off my car and turned it back on it would not auto pair.

Question**

Even if the phone does not auto pair shouldn't it be listed on the list of phones I have registered? Because I have not seen a phone save in my list after I turn off my car....

I've read that some poeple have successfully connected the Pearl 8100 to the BTB200 with v4.2. I have Verizons new Pearl 8130(just an updated pearl) with v4.3. Has anyone here tried to connect the two or should I just assume that it works since the 8100 Pearl works. I know the phones are identicle with minor cosmetic changes and a few new features.

And insight?

Question**

Even if the phone does not auto pair shouldn't it be listed on the list of phones I have registered? Because I have not seen a phone save in my list after I turn off my car....

Update**

I think there is something wrong with my Avic or BT adaptor because not even my friend's at&t blackberry pearl will auto connect. Nothing saves in the list of registered devices on my D3. Help please!?

Question**

Update**

I think there is something wrong with my Avic or BT adaptor because not even my friend's at&t blackberry pearl will auto connect. Nothing saves in the list of registered devices on my D3. Help please!?

My first question would be if you are completely registering the phone? Once your phone is connected to the BTB and at the Phone Register screen do you press and hold the user #1 field until your phone name populates it? And I also suggest hitting BACK and not ESC afterwards.

And as far as The auto connect problem, I think it is directly related to the phone registry but there are only two things I can think of once you get the phone registered. At the same Function screen as Phone Register is the AUTO CONNECT set to ON? I know, stupid question but it does not hurt to ask. One other thing is that on my phone there is an option in the BT menu, when Pioneer BT Unit 2 is highlighted for INCOMING SECURITY where I have choices to either 1. Always Ask or 2. Always Connect.

But after all that if your phone does not stay registered in position one I would say that the BTB is having a problem. Try a couple other phones? My wife's Verizon Blackberry 8830WE had no problems pairing, registering, and transferring the whole phonebook at once

My first question would be if you are completely registering the phone? Once your phone is connected to the BTB and at the Phone Register screen do you press and hold the user #1 field until your phone name populates it? And I also suggest hitting BACK and not ESC afterwards.

And as far as The auto connect problem, I think it is directly related to the phone registry but there are only two things I can think of once you get the phone registered. At the same Function screen as Phone Register is the AUTO CONNECT set to ON? I know, stupid question but it does not hurt to ask. One other thing is that on my phone there is an option in the BT menu, when Pioneer BT Unit 2 is highlighted for INCOMING SECURITY where I have choices to either 1. Always Ask or 2. Always Connect.

But after all that if your phone does not stay registered in position one I would say that the BTB is having a problem. Try a couple other phones? My wife's Verizon Blackberry 8830WE had no problems pairing, registering, and transferring the whole phonebook at once

Yes, I even read the instruction book on how to connect it, lol. I held the button it will connect. I can even turn the phone off then back on and will then reconnect. The problem is not until I power off the D3 and turn it back on it does not remember any phones on the list. Everything else is remembered such as radio presets.

As far as the phone yes I tried every type of connection the Verizon phone had. We sat in the car of a half an hour. Plus a friend AT&T Blackberry Pearl connects to just about anything. We had no problem connecting it, registering it, powering the phone off and back it reconnected auto. But, when I turned the car off and 20mins later got back in, NOTHING :'( I am thinking there is something wrong with the adaptor, the install, or the D3 itself.

p.s. thanks for ur response.

Question**

Update**

Does your wifes BB 8830 run the same OS system as the BB 8130? What version OS is she running on that phone and do you think the BTB200 will run the 8130. Just curious...