AVIC411.com

CD-BTB200 & Bluetooth Phone Compatibility Guide

NOTE: This is edited in order to clarify some possible misleading info that I originally posted.

Does your wifes BB 8830 run the same OS system as the BB 8130? What version OS is she running on that phone and do you think the BTB200 will run the 8130. Just curious...

The wife's phone is V4.2.2.176, platform 3.0.0.79.

From looking online the Telus 8130 is running the new v4.3.x.xxx. But I can't tell from the other providers.

From what I saw from other forums the new OS adds new functions to applications and purtied it all up a bit. I can't imagine that it would effect the functionality with the BTB. I think one of the main things people seem to miss is that bluetooth v.1 or v.1.01 did not have certain profiles like Object Push or Hands Free, etc. or it did not work that well if it was there. With older phones like mine a person would have to flash their phone to the newer OS that would include the BT V.1.02. So that is why I think the OS question is asked alot and is sort of misleading and usually has to do with older phones. As long as you have the hands free profile you should be able to pair and with the BB it has a separate "Address Book Transfer" option to set (=all entries). Otherwise most other non-smart phones have to have the object push. All the required profiles should be available on all newer phones that will have v.1.02 BT, unless the service provider has crippled it which I am not sure about that because I kept reading how Verizon cripples their BT functionality but I got it to work. That may have been true say 14 months ago or so (and there are threads that old) but I don't think it is true today. It is just not a particularly easy thing to do to pair and get functionality with the BTB because the BTB seems to be very finicky and the manual not very clear or instructive.

I have read on this forum that the 8100 works fine and if you have an 8130 with OS v.4.2 you have nothing to worry about and I also don't think you would have anything to worry about with v.4.3. Making it all work is another thing altogether.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For the Droid you need to get the Bluetooth File Transfer program in the app Marketplace. Then you need to make sure that you disable the a2dp portion of the bluetooth handshake ie media on the phone

Does your wifes BB 8830 run the same OS system as the BB 8130? What version OS is she running on that phone and do you think the BTB200 will run the 8130. Just curious...

The wife's phone is V4.2.2.176, platform 3.0.0.79.

From looking online the Telus 8130 is running the new v4.3.x.xxx. But I can't tell from the other providers.

From what I saw from forums the new OS adds new functions to applications and purtied it all up a bit. I can't imagine that it would effect the functionality with the BTB. I think one of the main things people seem to miss is that bluetooth v.1 did not have file transfer, etc. or it did not work that well if it was there. With older phones like mine a person would have to flash their phone to the newer OS that would include the BT V.2. So that is why I think the OS question is asked alot and is sort of misleading and usually has to do with older phones. As long as you have the hands free protocol you should be able to pair and with the BB it has a separate "Address Book Transfer" option to set (=all entries). Otherwise most other non-smart phones have to have the object push and file transfer protocols (I don't know which is responsible for phonebook transfer), Wife's 8830 does not have those protocols. Those protocols should be available on all newer phones that will have v.2 BT, unless the service provider has crippled it which I am not sure about that because I kept reading how Verizon cripples their BT functionality but I got it to work. I have read on this forum that the 8100 works fine and if you have an 8130 with OS v.4.2 you have nothing to worry about and I also don't think you would have anything to worry about with v.4.3. Making it all work is another thing altogether.

Yeah I'm running v4.3 on my phone.

But I'm running BT v1.1. Where do I go to have that system updated? I may just go ahead and take the plung. I've set my phone to all the settings the 8100 series poeple have. Another question I have is if theres an auto connect option on the phones or just the BTB200?

The problem is not until I power off the D3 and turn it back on it does not remember any phones on the list. Everything else is remembered such as radio presets.

I am thinking there is something wrong with the adaptor, the install, or the D3 itself.

OK, here's my take. Probably not the D3. I am not a master installer and had my D3 and BTB-200 installed, ahem, professionaly. My disclaimer is that I know nothing of how the units are powered. But it sounds like the BTB is connected to an incorrect type of power supply. One that completely shuts off the unit when you turn off the ignition thus wiping out the memory. Or there is some other minor power wire not connected. What I am getting at is that the D3 remembers radio presets, EQ settings, etc. even if you turn the ignition off and that is because there is another wire supplying a constant power for those minor memory things, or at least there is some way that it gets power after the ignition is off. There has got to be something similar for the BTB. Either there is such a wire and it is not connected correctly or at all or the BTB is bad or... So in the end I think your problem resides in the install.

I would suggest you start another post in the troubleshooting thread with this problem. That's where the installer dudes tend to hang out and I am willing to bet one of them can help you out.

Thanks toytaco. I did post in the tech help forum and u guys where right. They hooked the BTB to my remote start which turns off everytime. It took them 2 mins to change it and now it works great!

Service Provider: Verizon

Phone-SW Version: Moto Razr V3m/ NEWC_01.05.0A

Autoconnect: Yes

Basic Function: (Make & Recieve a call, Call History, Preset Memory): Yes

Phone Book Transfer: No

I saw somebody post earlier in this thread that his V3m did not work till he flashed to alltel but mine works fine without flashing.

I just bought a new phone today after long research lol

Service Provider: Verizon

Phone: Samsung SCH-u740

Basic Function: (Make & Recieve a call, Call History, Preset Memory): Yes

Phone Book Transfer: Full!!! I was surprised. I saw somebody else posted that it was only one at a time but NOPE it did them all :)

Despite what I have read on this forum my new Tmobile Wing Autoconnects in handsfree mode with the latest Jetware Mobile installed (it is useless without this software) and works in handsfree mode flawlessly. I have also tried the BT Audio streaming which also seems to be functioning properly. I have yet to try both at the same time which I hear is impossible with the Wing...then again, I heard it was impossible to Autoconnect as well.

You should look at the power conction on your BTB it is suposed to be connected to the battery terminal but it sounds like it might be connected to the accessory lead.

Question**

Even if the phone does not auto pair shouldn't it be listed on the list of phones I have registered? Because I have not seen a phone save in my list after I turn off my car....

Update**

I think there is something wrong with my Avic or BT adaptor because not even my friend's at&t blackberry pearl will auto connect. Nothing saves in the list of registered devices on my D3. Help please!?

My first question would be if you are completely registering the phone? Once your phone is connected to the BTB and at the Phone Register screen do you press and hold the user #1 field until your phone name populates it? And I also suggest hitting BACK and not ESC afterwards.

And as far as The auto connect problem, I think it is directly related to the phone registry but there are only two things I can think of once you get the phone registered. At the same Function screen as Phone Register is the AUTO CONNECT set to ON? I know, stupid question but it does not hurt to ask. One other thing is that on my phone there is an option in the BT menu, when Pioneer BT Unit 2 is highlighted for INCOMING SECURITY where I have choices to either 1. Always Ask or 2. Always Connect.

But after all that if your phone does not stay registered in position one I would say that the BTB is having a problem. Try a couple other phones? My wife's Verizon Blackberry 8830WE had no problems pairing, registering, and transferring the whole phonebook at once

Hi, I have a D807 and I was unable to get the phonebook to transfer also with the voice calling could not hear the voce promts, any help would be much appreciated

V3xx && D807:

Service Provider: Cingular (AT&T Wireless)

Phone-SW Version: Motorola RAZR V3xx && Samsung D807

Autoconnect: Yes / Yes

Basic Function: ALL

Phone Book Transfer: Yes / Yes both one at a time.

Voice Calling: Yes / Yes

Signal & Battery Strength Indicator: Yes V3xx / Did not look at time

BT Audio Capable?: Not tested

Also Samsung Sync A707 Auto connect basic funtsion, no phonebook transfer.

Burn

All, I have just recently purchased the Avic D3 and all is working great with the exception of the bluetooth phone. I have read all of the comments regarding pairing the phone with the avic D3. Still having troubles.

When pairing the phone, it recognizes the phone name. I can dial out on the AVIC D3 but no sound comes through the speakers. I can hear the sound on my phone.

I have a verizon 8830 Smartphone and was wondering have I truly paired the phone with the system. I even was able to register the phone but it still did not work when trying to connect the phone and hear through the speakers.

Any guidance or assistance would be greatfull.

Thanks

D

Service Provider: AT&T

Phone-SW Version: AT&T Tilt / 8925 / HTC TyTN II

Will not even pair as a phone. Either "connection error" or "invalid device". It pairs and works fine as a BT Audio device however.

With JetWare installed....

Basic Function: (Make & Recieve a call, Call History, Preset Memory) Yes

Phone Book Transfer: Not automatic, but can push OK

Voice Calling: Yes

Signal & Battery Strength Indicator: Yes / Yes

All i can say is Pioneer sucks and JetWare rocks. This phone works fine in our BMW and Jeep without JetWare.