AVIC411.com

reverse wire 06 Civic si

Need help with the reverse wire on a 2006 Honda Civic Si.

For the reverse wire, I am looking for one in the dash somewhere.

And clarification of the VSS wire on the radio harness. There is 2 blue wires, and a Lt blue. If you have a pin location, that would be great!

Reverse Light brown (4dr) or purple (2dr) + dr kick or fuse box, top 42 pin plug

Speed Sense blue radio harness

The VSS wire is only present on the LX, EX, Si and Canadian DX models.

if you are using a metra harness you should be able to eliminate some of the choices

I got it, Crutchfield has email me the most helpful documents. I am installed..yay! i love it so far

this site has been helpful also, I just like 1 answer, not everyones opinions on the correct answer...

Misfit, I am not talking about you here.

thanks you for your help

• 1 year later...
Hotwheels,

is there any way you can post or send the Crutchfield info?? I'm installing a D3 in my wife's Civic LX anfd the info would be very appreciated.

Thanks

You can e-mail it to

laurido92@hotmail.com

Thanks

I got you covered

VSS is #14

radioconnector1.jpg

In case you don't have your manual for the d3(looking at the plug with wires on the front)

D3Pinouts.jpg

If you buy the metra kit, these are the pinouts (from looking at the plug with the wires on the back)

Radio-harness-civic.jpg

Chris,

can you elaborate a little bit?? I'm not following you on your last post. what do these wires do?

thanks for all the great info.

That plug is for the steering wheel controls and amp wire to activate the speakers.

06+ DX,LX Civic coupes do not have the amp wire on that plug.

06+ DX,LX, EX Civic Sedans do not have the amp wire on that plug either.

So, if you have either of those models, you hook the speakers to the white plug on the d3 and not to the rca connectors.

If you have an 06+ EX, Si Coupe model or 07+ Si Sedan, then you will have an amp wire that will activate your speakers(#15 on the diagram i posted above).

Anyways, If you want to keep control of your stereo steering wheel controls(this is mainly for 06+ civic ex sedans), you might want to install the PAC-SWI-PS module. Follow my last post and do not forget to read the manual that comes with your PAC-SWI-PS module!

If your car did not come with stereo steering wheel controls, then do not bother.

Ok, thanks. Unfortunately the LX model doesn't come with the steering wheel controls. I wish it did.

So, going back to the original question, the VSS wire is the #14 on the 17 pin plug, right?? Is it hard to get to the 42 pin plug on the kick panel?

Thanks.