AVIC411.com

Navigation Arrow shows wrong direction on screen

Hey guys, i just installed my unit like a few days ago and when i drive it shows the arrow part of it like oppositly. It thinks i am reversing or something. Is it how the sensor is put?

Where is the best place to but it. I have it on the back dash, should i mount it on the front dash?

Any ideas and answer help

Thanks in advance
[quote name="rocky2985"]Hey guys, i just installed my unit like a few days ago and when i drive it shows the arrow part of it like oppositly. It thinks i am reversing or something. Is it how the sensor is put?

Where is the best place to but it. I have it on the back dash, should i mount it on the front dash?

Any ideas and answer help

Thanks in advance[/quote]

Rotate the GPS antenna 180 degrees. I think it's getting confused.

No just kidding, don't do that.

I think that the only way the arrow will point a different way than what you are traveling is that you have your reverse light sense hooked up and in the head unit it's programmed backwards. The head unit is smart enough to program it to see 12V as "reverse" or Ground as "reverse". My guess is that you have the sense wire connected (or not I guess) and that is programmed backwards.

For the life of me I can't find it in the book. And it's cold outside right now and I just got up so I don't want to walk out to the truck. But look around in the settings for "low" or "high" being the signal for backing up. I would guess yours is backwards. Or if you didn't set it, just cange it to the otherway.
Oh, found it, page 154 in the operation manual. System settings, then Camera Input. Look for the polarity section. If that's set up backwards it might thing you are going backwards all the time. If you have no backup camera, it might let you go "backwards" in the GPS but if you had a camera hooked up, it might be showing you what's behind you all the time.

If that's not it, then I got nothing. It sounds very weird.
[quote name="ImolaVirus"]I had something similar with my D1, but I went from having the VSS hooked up with full 3D, then unhooked the VSS and went back to Hybrid. It was all kinds of confused, so I had to go into the settings and reset it to Hybrid from the 3D setting. Try that.[/quote]

Just out of curiosity, why would you unhook VSS?