AVIC411.com

Hi All,

Just ordered my Avic D3 from Crutchfield. I have a 2002 Maxima SE. The kit won't be here for a week, but I'm trying to figure out some mounting issues:

1)How far apart should the GPS and XM antennae be placed? I don't want either outside the car. I'd like to put both side by side under the dash.

2)Does the GEX-P920XM generate any heat? Again, a mounting issue. The easiest place to put this will be under my center console, but was curious if it puts out any heat that would concern what I use to mount it (double sided tape, velcro, etc).

Just to generate some ideas:

Where would you mount the following:

GEX-P920XM(Considering under center console or in the trunk)

PAC SWI-PS (Considering somewhere outside the center stack to have more access post install)

Ipod cord (I'm thinking center console)

I want a clean install, just not sure how much cord I have to work with since its not here yet.

gps is fine ondash,but xm ant has to go outside. mount it on the trunk and put the brain in the trunk. the cables are long enough to reach the front. the pac piece is only a few inches long, so its not an issue. put the ipod cord wherever you want. its not like you need to access the ipod once its plugged in