AVIC411.com

Super install

Hello jason,

I just ordered the D1 and am going to install it in my 97 Cobra, after modifying my component dins to the one found in the 2002 Mustang. My question is how hard was it to install into your mustang? I talked to a Best Buy installer and he said that the mounting brackets may have to be modified and thought that the D1 did not have the sleeve required for the Mustang. Did you have any problems? If so, what were they and how easy was it to resolve?

Thanks

Josh

• 1 month later...
Jason,

Appreciate all the help. I am getting a D1. I have an '04 V6 Mustang with factory cruise control. Do you know where the VSS wire is? Is it necessary?

Thanx

James

The VSS Wire is a pain in the ass. You have to remove the passenger side running board, and then remove the kickpanel. Once you have that all apart, its a orange/white wire in a 100+ wiring harness. It's not required, but according to the manual it improves accuracy a considerable ammount and allows navigation when GPS Signal drops out. I wish I took pics, sorry.

Guest Nonstopred

Jason, does the VSS wire ultimately get under the hood? I understand the cruise control needs it If it does I will not have to rip out the sill plate and kick panel.

If I have to any tips on how to get the sill plate an kick panel off?

Thanx