AVIC411.com

Absolutely devastated....

I had no idea that the z2 couldnt "rip" an mp3 cd like it does with a regularly store bought cd. Apparently, according to the manual, it doesnt like cdr's at all. Dont suppose anyone has found a different burning method or something to get around this have they? Or is a HDD hack the only way to get the mp3s on there?

I had no idea that the z2 couldnt "rip" an mp3 cd like it does with a regularly store bought cd. Apparently, according to the manual, it doesnt like cdr's at all. Dont suppose anyone has found a different burning method or something to get around this have they? Or is a HDD hack the only way to get the mp3s on there?

you cannot get mp3s on the hard drive no matter what. Pioneer uses some different compression file when it rips audio onto their hard drive.

So, from what I understand most burning software can burn cds in wav format at 44.1khz and 16bit PCM, so I should be able to just burn in wav format using Nero. Hopefully... lol.

Does anyone know if the same applies for say the m3u file? If I were to burn the m3u file would the cd be in wav format? Or mp3?

Try burning your CDs using the musicmatch jukebox burner. That's what I've done, and it records them onto the hard drive with no problems. Just make sure you label the cd before you burn or when it records it will be named whatever the burner names it, like disc1-41107.

Use Nero, but make an audio cd. Not data.

As for .m3u files, those are playlist files. So, although they may reference actual music files, that format in itself is worthless in regards to the Z2.

Yup, I just found that out for myself a minute ago. Had a cd that I made using the "make an audio cd" option, and sure enough it worked just like a store bought cd. As for the m3u file, yeah you're absolutely right, I dont know what I was thinking. Thanks for the help. :D

• 2 months later...