AVIC411.com

Need help with N2 install on 1994 Integra GS coupe

Hi,

I want to install the N2 myself, and I need some good step by step instructions for this install. I'm also installing the CD-VC1 voice command pack and the CD-IB100 II ipod adapter.

It's all going in a 1994 Acura Integra GS.....any help would be grately appreciated...

I read the install manual, but it's sketchy on info for the VSS etc.

Thanks,
Serge
  • 2 weeks later...
I installed the Avic Z1 in my F150 w/the help of my f150 site very easy, i also installed my bro's N2 w, the ipod adaptor also easy, just follow the basic directions...

-buy adaptor harness and install kit, metra install kit(Circuit City/BestBuy), and metra or scosche wire harness will work, scosche can be found at Wal-Mart for almost $10 cheaper than BestBuy,Circuit City etc for the harness...Pick up some wire connectors wire strippers/crimpers and some electrical tape too while your at Wal-Mart

-connect your yellow(power), red(switched 12v), black(ground), and orange/white(illumination) wires off the n2 harness to the adaptor harness

-connect your white,white/black, gray, gray/black, green,green/black,violet,violet/black wires off the n2 harness to the adaptor harness(these are for your speakers)

-if you have a power antenna then you also need to connect the blue wire

-now you need to tap into the vss, reverse, and parking brake:the vss in my bro's 2000 accord was under the pass side of the center console way back under the dash, the 2nd harness plugged into the ECM, blue/white wire... his reverse was in the drivers side fuse panel, i just used my diagram in the manual to determine which fuse contained the reverse light then went behind the panel and found the wire, use a gauge to make sure your tapping into the correct wire, it was a green w/red stripe i believe, and in my ford it was green w/yellow on the pass side, so just make sure you find the right wire. the parking brake wire is simple if its a pull handle brake in the console, remove the console, and its right there connected to the handle, cant miss it, a floor pedal is just as easy...

-if you go to your local circuit city and go to the install area, just ask the guys if they could help you find the vss(speed sensor) and reverse wire, they have access to a wiring diagram site, that only dealers and installers usually have access to, they usually have no problem printing you one out for your car...That will be clutch in finding your wires...

-your ipod adaptor i believe has a yellow(power), and black(ground) wire to tap into, so just tap into the yellow and black on the harness adaptor. Then plug the black end of the cable to your ipod unit and the blue end into the N2-brain,if you have a center console, you may also want to run your ipod wire under this to your console-compartment while you have it off installing your PB wire.

Now for the bypass, i used a switch which turned out to not work as stated, so ill save you from this mistake, the N2 has 2 leads that can be connected by a tracer pen(Radio-Shack)...these two are under a silver foil sticker, i have not actually done this yet, as my Bro wants to wait a year til his warranty is up, i have heard the tracer pen can be removed but dont want to chance it...

Im sure i may have missed a step but thats the just of it, have fun and enjoy, ask any questions you have along the way, its much easier than it seems, and you will be glad you saved the money...!