AVIC411.com

SO THE AVIC Z1 IS RECALLED........ ANY INFO

I HAD A AVIC Z1 IN MY LAST CAR AND NOW I AM THINKING ABOUT THE Z2 IN MY NEW ONE. BECAUSE OF THE BETTER NAV, BUT DOES ANYONE KNOW WHY THE Z1 WAS RECALLED, AND WHAT DO THEY PLAN TO DO? I KNOW THE UNIT HAD PROBLEMS HERE AND THERE BUT NO UNIT IS PERFECT, I LOVED IT, ANY INFO?

WELL WHAT I DO KNOW IS THAT I JUST QUIT MY JOB OF AN AUTHORIZED DEALER AND THE REP SAID IT WAS RECALLED AND I ALSO FOUND SOME SMALL ARTICALS ON THE INTERNET SAYING THAT AS WELL. BUT I HAVE NOT SEEN ANYTHING ON PIONEERS WEBSITE, BUT I DUNNO I WOULD IMAGINE IF THE REP OF PIONEER STATES IT THAN ITS TRUE... BUT I DUNNO I KNOW LITTLE ABOUT THIS TOPIC

WELL WHAT I DO KNOW IS THAT I JUST QUIT MY JOB OF AN AUTHORIZED DEALER AND THE REP SAID IT WAS RECALLED AND I ALSO FOUND SOME SMALL ARTICALS ON THE INTERNET SAYING THAT AS WELL. BUT I HAVE NOT SEEN ANYTHING ON PIONEERS WEBSITE, BUT I DUNNO I WOULD IMAGINE IF THE REP OF PIONEER STATES IT THAN ITS TRUE... BUT I DUNNO I KNOW LITTLE ABOUT THIS TOPIC

hopefully your keyboard is recalled too.. they seem to have stuck shift lock keys

What doesn't make sense is why Pioneer would say that an update disk will be available which will turn a Z1, essentially, into a Z2, and then turn around and recall the Z1.

However, if they want to take my Z1 and send me a Z2 instead, I won't say no (I might wait until there is a bypass leaked/found, tho' :) ).

What doesn't make sense is why Pioneer would say that an update disk will be available which will turn a Z1, essentially, into a Z2, and then turn around and recall the Z1.

In case you missed the other 5 posts or so, it wasn't recalled.

Nah, I didn't miss it. Just pointing out how you could figure out that it wasn't recalled without "confirmation" from Pioneer.

Ummm how could someone say it HAS been recalled if no printed statements or press releases say so? You think an item can be recalled, and noone whatsoever notified, Pioneer just thinking "Hey, let's do a word of mouth recall! No need to issue public statements!"

I didn't say it had been recalled. Guess I was just adding to the argument that it hadn't been recalled. I suppose since none of us has heard of a recall we can definitely be sure that it hasn't been. Sorry to waste your time.