AVIC411.com

** Updated imagetbl.dat file with New XM Logos! **

Hi guys, I was wondering if there is anyway to update the logos in a Z1. I have read through all of the threads, and not come up with an answer. PaisanNYC & Jason< I commend you with your efforts for this as it relates to the N3, but was curious about the Z1. I did read somewhere about another member having an issue with this, I think I have the same problem. I seem to have the logo in "List" mode, but lose the logo when I save them as presets. Any additional info anyone could provide would be much appreciated. Cheers!

• 3 months later...

Does any one have the CNDV-70MT with the updated XM Logo's?

I just bought a AVIC-D1 today and will need to get a set of New disks since they would be very outdated.

I see people saying that they are Dual Layer Disks. So is there 2 Disks one for East and one for West? Or is it one disk with each layer having East and West?

Let me know If the updated disks have the XM Updated logos.. I would be more then happy to pay for them.

Cheers

Whit

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any updated XM logos for the D3? I found a new channel on XM, channel 59, XM Led, all Led Zepplin and other new channels that do not have logos. Is there a way to down a file so I can burn it on my copy of the Avic disk so these logos will appear instead of the default (((XM))) logo?

• 8 months later...

Now that the XM and Sirius merger has been approved, there has already been changes to some channels. I'm sure there will be more.

I would be interested in a tutorial or something like that for updating the logos for channels. Us technically savvy folks should be able to put together one. Afterall, I don't envision Pioneer jumping at the chance to keep their products updated.

Let me know how I can help.

• 3 months later...

I just got off the phone with Pioneer and they said that the station logos are updated through the Map Update discs. The next map update won't arrive until April '09! Lazy *** Pioneer :x. Take several hours to fix this and make your customers happy.

I'd be willing to pay someone on here, that has the skills to fix the station logos, $20 for their service

Well, I say that everyone should either:

1) Call them at 800.421.1404 (opt 2, 3, 2, 2, 1, 1) and let your voice be heard, or

2) email the message below to Pioneer at customer.support@pioneerservice.com :wink:

** Please forward this to the head (Manager) of Customer Service **

As you may or may not know, yesterday XM and Sirius completed their merger and changed the station lineup for their service. As a result, most all of the station logos displayed on your navigation units are missing. So, last night I emailed your department to ask about a fix.

Well, I just got off the phone with your customer service department and was told that the XM/Sirius station logos on all Pioneer units will be updated with the next Map Update due out in April. You are doing a disservice to your image when you're going to make ALL your customers that own a navigation display (Z-series, D-series, N-series & F-series) wait 6+ months to have their displays corrected.

Normally I could understand the wait...if XM or Sirius makes a slight changes to their station lineup. BUT, they just merged and more than 2/3 of the stations (and logos) have changed.

I'm not the only one venting my frustration. A browse at the AVIC411.com forums will show other customers that would like this resolved:

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19377

http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19359

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19365

Please don't make your loyal customers wait 6+ months and spend $120 to fix their displays.

S**** W.

Guys, here is the answer i've got this morning. My Avic-Z3 is afected too, bummer!!

"Thank you for contacting Pioneer Electronics, Inc.

At this time, there is not a solution to the changes made by XM.

The icons are stored in the map data of the unit. In order to update the icons, you would have to update the map data.

I do not know if the change will happen on the next upgrade or not.

Thank You,

Rocky

Customer Service Representative"

--Original Message--

Date: 11/15/08

To: customer.support@pioneerservice.com

Subject: XM logos for my Avic-Z3[#1215329]

Can you guys please let me know how can I fix the new XM channel lineup. 80% of the logos are not showing anymore on my Pioneer.

Is there any fix?, any updated I can download?

Please let me know

Thank you,

Zeek

For everyone with a D3: I have almost finished recreating the new XM logos.... There is a post on "Custom XM Logos" discussing the process. Another member is creating the imagetbl.dat file. I have about 50 more logos to recreate then send to the other guy. He should be able to incorporate them into the 2008 Nav DVD and then some other guy said he would host them on his ftp server for us to download.