AVIC411.com

Tomtom on S1

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

After unlocking using the well known and frequently mentioned program I cannot find the navigation application.

My idea was to install TOMTOM next to the Pioneer application. All of the Europe maps won't fit on the fixed flashmemory so I planned to limit it to a map of one country.

By the way I fully welcome the suggestion of a step by step instruction how to install TOMTOM. TZTZ managed it so please share your expertise with us.

thanks!!

I am absolutely fed up with the S1, having a terrible POI database and even worse navigation that seems to try and take the longest route possible every time.

If I can get step-by-step directions on loading a cracked version of TomTom for Pocket PC on an SD card and have it autostart, that would be fantastic.

I would gladly pay Pioneer for a decent map / software update, and my GPS keeps yelling at me to upgrade my maps, but none are available. Seems Pioneer has ostricised this unit.

• 3 months later...

can someone tell me how to do this tom tom to avic s1 software hack? I only have the avic s1, is there a place to copy tom tom software on the web? and what are the steps into doing this am I downloading a firmware to the s1 or just simply using a sd card with the tom tom software on it. please explain thanks

Ahh finally I did it :)

Step by step:

1. Unlock your Windows CE by this tool:

http://benji46.free.fr/GPS/WinCE%20Unlocker%20V4.rar

Unpack it on your SD card.

2. Download MIOMap (this is release for Becker, but works very well)

http://rapidshare.com/files/48283711/Ywhtkdks.rar

and unpack it to My Flash Disk\MNAV

Folder MAPS have to be copied on SD Card.

Now, just run MNAVDCE.EXE.

If GPS doesn't work, change in sys.txt baud to 4800.

You can also put shortcut to Windows/Startup if you want.

If you need more maps:

http://peb.pl/programy-nawigacyjne-i-ma ... iomap.html

Hmm.. You should have hidden taskbar, on bottom of screen.

Anyway, if you unpacked win ce unlocker on the SD card, and confirm "yes to all", you should have desktop with some icons, e.g. windows explorer.

and don't forget, that you have to unpack MIOMAP (except maps) into "My Flash Disk" - it's internal memory.