AVIC411.com

Tomtom on S1

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have one more question does your avic boot up to the unlocker automatically for you? or do you have to hold the volume button and menu button down? from what i've read people seem to point towards just having it on an sd card and when you turn the avic it just pops on. just wondered how it's suppose to load. mine only boots up thru vol/menu botton.

Yes, it boots up automatically. of course, when I hold menu+volume, it's works too.

You can try reflash your avic

http://hpcmonex.net/roms/avics1img.zip

Just unpack on sd card, and run avic in service mode (hold menu and turn on), then choose WINCE Upgrade+format from SD Card (or something like that, I don't remember excatly).

Then unpack files from Win CE unlocker.. At the start, it overwrites some system-files.

As I wrote, this version of miomap

http://rapidshare.com/files/48283711/Ywhtkdks.rar

works fine.

But if you will run TomTom, tell me know, I still don't know how to do it, and probably I stay at MioMap.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry guys for not check the site for a while.

I just got mio 3.3 tts installed on the device, TTS feature speaks the street name as "in 200 meters turn right onto Main Street".

To answer most of your questions. As soon as you got your device unlocked, the device is becoming a windows machine and think the SD card as a bootable usb disk. To leave the changes recoverable, I did not touch it's internal 2G Flash disk (where Pioneer software is installed), meaning, you need an SD card in the slot all the time for it to work.

Most of the applications (igo, mio) can be copied directly to the SD card, the maps need to be copied to the map directory under where the executive is (miomap.exe or igo.exe)

You need to do some hacking on the registry for tomtom to work, mostly to make the default "My Documents" onto SD so that you can install maps into this directory.

To start the software you copied, click on start/programs/Windows Explorer and choose the exe file on "Storage" -- Your SD