AVIC411.com

D3 completely hard locked

I installed a D3 in my 07 civic about 2 weeks ago. It was working fine until today. Now I get a "please insert appropriate disc" on the menu. I can't switch to radio, ipod or do anything to the unit. I've used the oem NAV disc since day one. I've tried resetting the unit but it goes through the same loop

---checking disc

---Please insert appropriate disc

I've tried inserting a regular cd, and the eastern US DVD (Which I've never open until today) to no avail

I'm hoping someone knows how to get to the service menu of this unit b/c I have a 40 min commute each way to and from work. As of now I have no music/radio of any kind. I've already started the RMA process with crutchfield but they are backordered for 3 weeks.

Any help appreciated.

TIA

try a hard reset on the front of the unit or pull your battery cable and let it reset itself

keep in mind that if the anti-theft is enabled, cutting the power to the unit will trigger it and ask you for the password... 3 wrong attempts will lock the unit permanently and must be brought to a pioneer tech

I've tried the reset several times already. It is stuck in a loop, constantly asking for the "appropriate disk" I took out the nav disk and let it sit overnight. I got a responsive unit again but the nav is way off (I'm not getting any SAT signals) and my vehicle dynamics just became "unavailable" in the middle of my commute. I reset it again and now I'm back to square 1.

This unit is going back regardless.

• 1 month later...