AVIC411.com

Z2- No sound from CD or DVD, just AM/FM

Hi. I am in the process of installing a Z2 in my 2007 Element. I've preliminarily installed the unit (made the basic connections, etc, but still troubleshooting). I've tapped into the E-brake but the Z2 is not recognizing that i've done this (in the hardware connections menu it says the E brake isn't hooked up- perhaps I've spliced into the ground instead of the positive E-brake wire- will have to recheck). I am getting sound from AM/FM, but nothing from the DVD or CD. Is the lack of sound related to the problem with the E-brake wire?

Thanks everyone!

Shouldn't be related to your parking brake, as you're allowed to listen to both CDs and DVDs while driving. Are these retail discs? Do they display as playing on the screen? If you have auto-play turned off, they won't play when you insert them, you need to press the play button.

• 4 weeks later...
same thing happned to me, if u have a scoche wiring harness connect blue wire from screen to red wire on harness

that DEFINATELY does not sound right.

red is always 12v switched (accessory) in car audio, except when doing rem start/alarms.

• 2 weeks later...